Laptop forum problems

Sue68
Go to solution Solved by john6767,

Featured Posts

53 minutes ago, Paul C said:

Did you, at any point in the past, make multiple accounts and/or sign up again with a new email address?

I must have changed from Freeserve many years ago 2018? but this was a recent event when my account needed verification and sueb didn’t work. 

Edited by Sue68

9 hours ago, David Mack said:

So you are the sueb of old, but you appear to have been locked out of your account. That is something the mods should be able to sort out. I will report this post to get their attention.

Thanks, David - and you did. Unfortunately it's beyond the power of mere Mod's, so we've pushed the problem upstairs to the Admins...

17 hours ago, Sue68 said:

I must have changed from Freeserve many years ago 2018? but this was a recent event when my account needed verification and sueb didn’t work. 

Sorry, bit late to the party. Has been a very busy week at work. I'm not sure why you have two accounts as we definitely did not do that but I can merge them if you wish which will combine the post counts. If so, which username/account would you like to keep? Note there is a possibility you may need to reset your password afterwards.

Also, I recommend always ensuring the email address on file is up to date and valid. If we receive too many bounce-backs, members will be prompted to re-validate or change their email address which is how I think this issue arose.

On 08/11/2023 at 10:18, 1st ade said:

@RichM - time for your skilled hands, I think...

4 hours ago, RichM said:

Sorry, bit late to the party. Has been a very busy week at work. I'm not sure why you have two accounts as we definitely did not do that but I can merge them if you wish which will combine the post counts. If so, which username/account would you like to keep? Note there is a possibility you may need to reset your password afterwards.

Also, I recommend always ensuring the email address on file is up to date and valid. If we receive too many bounce-backs, members will be prompted to re-validate or change their email address which is how I think this issue arose.

I don't know where sue68 came from as I've always been sueb. I've used my present email since at least 2018. It was only the current request to validate  my account that started this. I appear to have only used my sueb account until recently but I can't see the sueb account but I am completely confused now. As things are working now, apart from the ten posts maybe leave things alone.