A plea to dog owners on the cut (and general)

DShK

Featured Posts

It was health and mobility problems that made us decide not to have another dog. I have a number of operations planned next year so still hope that maybe in the future we can.

In the meantime we're sponsoring puppies for Guidedogs for the Blind - they're our surrogate dogs 🐶

Edited by Ange
Not this year!
  • Greenie 1
  • Love 2

2 hours ago, mrsmelly said:

So, very sadly that dreadful time came this morning :( Our lovely, sweet, totaly loyal labradors time came, and we had to take her for her last visit to the vets. So as we said previously, thats it for us. RIP Sandy you were a sweetie.

IMG_20230706_222559.jpg

Sorry to read this Tim, been there twice now.

Know just how it feels.

19 hours ago, mrsmelly said:

So, very sadly that dreadful time came this morning :( Our lovely, sweet, totaly loyal labradors time came, and we had to take her for her last visit to the vets. So as we said previously, thats it for us. RIP Sandy you were a sweetie.

IMG_20230706_222559.jpg

So sorry to read this Tim. 

It is never easy, I've had to do it 5 times now for dogs and 4 times for cats.

I'll bet Sandy has left pawprints all over your heart.

Edited by cuthound
spillung
  • Greenie 3

23 hours ago, mrsmelly said:

IMG_20230706_222559.jpg

A great dog. Loved by many and will be missed by more. 

Very sorry to hear this, I know exactly what you are going through and it's terrible. 😔

Edited by booke23
  • Greenie 2

• 1 month later...
51 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

So after saying we would not have another dog at our age......the house has been empty without a dog and this poor eight year old sweetie needed rescuing. So after donating lots of beer money to rescue centre here she is, we must be daft lol

IMG_20240209_144435.jpg

A rescue to a loving home is never daft. Especially an older dog. 

Edited by Ianws
  • Greenie 3

1 hour ago, mrsmelly said:

So after saying we would not have another dog at our age......the house has been empty without a dog and this poor eight year old sweetie needed rescuing. So after donating lots of beer money to rescue centre here she is, we must be daft lol

IMG_20240209_144435.jpg

Old dogs flock together.

• Love 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, mrsmelly said:

IMG_20240209_144435.jpg

Well done Tim, she will reward you a thousand times over for your kindness and love to her

• Greenie 1

3 hours ago, mrsmelly said:

IMG_20240209_144435.jpg

Well done matey.

No home that has had a dog can ever be home without one.

Good news, Tim and may you have many happy years with your new dog.  

I dread the day when we lose Meg as I have never been without a dog and I hope that an older dog looking for a home will cross my path.  Meg is only 8 though and I hope we will have her for a long time yet. 

• Greenie 3

On 22/09/2023 at 09:16, blackrose said:

Well I can't question your experiences but it's happened to me many times so you probably shouldn't question my experiences either.

I've walked down pontoons where idiot dog owners have their dogs on those extendable leads and just allow the dog to wander up to people also creating a long trip hazard on the pontoon. I've actually had to step over the lead because the idiot wouldn't keep his dog on a short lead. That's just one example. Other times neighbours dogs have run up just as I was heading out for work and jumped up with muddy paws so I've had to go back in and change my trousers. The owners don't care of course because "he was just being friendly."

It's much the same at our marina. I've complained to the office that having a dog on a long extended lead is just paying lip service to the instruction that all dogs must be on a lead.