Bad Language. A Reminder.

Jen-in-Wellies

Featured Posts

My mother was a prolific user of linguistically effective language.  Not towards the children I should add. 

Not all mothers are the same although my childrens' mother and I have used all of the available language in a moderate and descriptive way in French and English since the girls were very little. 

In fact my 13 yar old daughter has adopted the word 'C..tish' to describe things she finds unusually displeasing in daily life. 

I don't mind this and have been clear from the start that some people -are offended- so be careful. They would never use this kind of language with people they don't know or people who have an arranged superiority such as teachers or other professionals. 

The teacher may be a c..t but they won't tell him !

They'll tell me though ! 

;) everyone is different but yes on an internet forum its a bit awkward. 

Its always worth remembering that in basic linguistic terms regardless of the meaning the 'C word' is very effective. You could use this word to admonish a Martian and they will get it because it is so basic. 

• Greenie 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 29/08/2023 at 19:55, magnetman said:

When I was double rather than single I took the woman to visit my Aunt who lives near Holt.

She found the area quite pleasant so I asked if perhaps we should move there.

Norfolk enchants was her answer.

My Grandmother was born in Holt.

She lived to 103, so they must be doing something right!

On 29/08/2023 at 19:55, magnetman said:

When I was double rather than single I took the woman to visit my Aunt who lives near Holt.

She found the area quite pleasant so I asked if perhaps we should move there.

Norfolk enchants was her answer.

Far canal, that's clever! 

37 minutes ago, MtB said:

Far canal, that's clever! 

Reminds me of when TV companies used to send round Christmas videos to each other - not to be aired - all very rude. There was a rude Bullseye edition with Jim Bowen clad in leather (!!!) and the two contestants were Norfolk & Chance!