'Sign Out' option disappeared

Featured Posts

I'm viewing the site on a mobile and suddenly the format of pages has changed slightly this morning compared to how it was yesterday. 

Most notably on my account page I can't sign out of the site as the 'current achievement rating' window is overlapping the personal sign in menu, so the 'sign Out' line cannot be seen. Is there any way we can have an option to turn off the 'current achievement rating'? 

7 minutes ago, John Brightley said:

Is there any way we can have an option to turn off the 'current achievement rating'? 

It's the badges culture taking over. Social credit score. Soon, if you are rated less than a 4.8 you won't be able to book a flight to anywhere or buy a new mattress.

13 minutes ago, Puffling said:

It's the badges culture taking over. Social credit score. Soon, if you are rated less than a 4.8 you won't be able to book a flight to anywhere or buy a new mattress.

This comment has caused you a 0.2 demerit, increase your overall score by 0.4 minimum before you're allowed to have further opinions ;) 

• Haha 2

Just now, Hudds Lad said:

This comment has caused you a 0.2 demerit, increase your overall score by 0.4 minimum before you're allowed to have further opinions ;) 

And giving away how the system works has probably given you an even bigger demerit... 😉

(assuming CWDF has gone all Black Mirror on us...)

• Horror 1

27 minutes ago, John Brightley said:

I'm viewing the site on a mobile and suddenly the format of pages has changed slightly this morning compared to how it was yesterday. 

Most notably on my account page I can't sign out of the site as the 'current achievement rating' window is overlapping the personal sign in menu, so the 'sign Out' line cannot be seen. Is there any way we can have an option to turn off the 'current achievement rating'? 

I tried to replicate this issue but the sign out link appears on my old Samsung S21

What mobile device are you using? Is it possible to attach a screenshot? Will take another look

Screenshot_20230626_122748_Chrome.png

My problem this morning (Laptop) was that the page & text WAS HUGE probably 3x what it was yesterday, I checked that I was set at 100% and I was - I had to reduce it down to 75% to get it about the same size as yesterday

Thought it was probably just me but if others are having problems .........................

29 minutes ago, John Brightley said:

It looks like the same problem as me Alan. All the page was bigger than yesterday - probably just 25 percent bigger though. And I hadn't done any updates or changed any settings.

As I said on the other topic about this, me as welll, but  on Firefox Linux,  hold Ctrl down and tap - twice to make it smaller or + twice to make it larger. Once set that setting seems to be remembered. I understand that Firefox is now based on the Chromium (open source Chrome) engine so I would expect similar on an Android phone.

Took all of 10 seconds to reset.

1 hour ago, Tony Brooks said:

As I said on the other topic about this, me as welll, but  on Firefox Linux,  hold Ctrl down and tap - twice to make it smaller or + twice to make it larger. Once set that setting seems to be remembered. I understand that Firefox is now based on the Chromium (open source Chrome) engine so I would expect similar on an Android phone.

Took all of 10 seconds to reset.

Thanks for the suggestion, but I don't appear to have Ctrl on the keyboard on my phone.

19 minutes ago, John Brightley said:

Thanks for the suggestion, but I don't appear to have Ctrl on the keyboard on my phone.

There's usually some sort of accessibility options on phones to increase or decrease text size, perhaps that might help in the short term but would be device-wide. Does viewing in landscape rather than portrait make it any more visible??

6 minutes ago, Hudds Lad said:

There's usually some sort of accessibility options on phones to increase or decrease text size, perhaps that might help in the short term but would be device-wide. Does viewing in landscape rather than portrait make it any more visible??

I can't find any way of viewing the website in landscape format !

2 minutes ago, John Brightley said:

I can't find any way of viewing the website in landscape format !

Just rotating the phone usually does it.

That said, i just tried it on my iPhone, i have to scroll the list of options and the "sign out" won't scroll high enough to clear the Achievement Rating box :( 

3 minutes ago, Hudds Lad said:

Just rotating the phone usually does it.

That said, i just tried it on my iPhone, i have to scroll the list of options and the "sign out" won't scroll high enough to clear the Achievement Rating box :( 

Ah, the same problem as me. For me, rotating the phone doesn't rotate the webpage. Thanks for the suggestion though.

6 hours ago, John Brightley said:

It looks like the same problem as me Alan. All the page was bigger than yesterday - probably just 25 percent bigger though. And I hadn't done any updates or changed any settings.

Mine also has larger text on Samsung Galaxy A10.

1 hour ago, David Mack said:

Mine also has larger text on Samsung Galaxy A10.

Text on mobile when reading posts is definitely bigger than it used to be. When writing them (like this) it seems to be the same as before...

• 2 weeks later...