regular prescribed medicine

joe c

Featured Posts

13 hours ago, The Happy Nomad said:

This is now how I request my meds as does Mrs HN. We do it through the NHS app. 

Us too. Wish the Electronic Prescription Service had been available when we first started CCing. Would have made life so much easier.

13 hours ago, Tracy D'arth said:

You can sign on at any doctors surgery as a temporary patient, get a prescription copied off you old one, and get the drugs from any pharmacy you nominate.

If only it was as easy as that.

In our first few years CCing that's what we did. Some GPs would just give you a repeat, some wanted to examine you first, some would only give a few days meaning you have to go through the same thing all over again. One GP in Banbury insisted on seeing us. Gave me 2 months prescription, gave J 2 weeks. 

12 hours ago, MtB said:

On the other hand, bear in mind The Happy Nomad's usual reason for posting on here is to stir up conflict, which he enjoys immensely. 

One can only assume he leads a sad lonely life devoid of any humour. I noticed he’s now moving round those who dare to question him….

Just now, frangar said:

One can only assume he leads a sad lonely life devoid of any humour. I noticed he’s now moving round those who dare to question him….

Good morning Full of it. Unsurptising that you too support the notion of being unhelpful to new posters too.

Not surprising at all really.

Just now, The Happy Nomad said:

Good morning Full of it. Unsurptising that you too support the notion of being unhelpful to new posters too.

Not surprising at all really.

I am happy to help new posters but you seem hellbent on causing friction wherever you post….do us a favour and go back to a wobblebox forum. 

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, pearley said:

If only it was as easy as that.

In our first few years CCing that's what we did. Some GPs would just give you a repeat, some wanted to examine you first, some would only give a few days meaning you have to go through the same thing all over again. One GP in Banbury insisted on seeing us. Gave me 2 months prescription, gave J 2 weeks. 

Unfortunately GP's work to individual practice policies and this will be quite common. Some will make it easy and some will make it hard.

4 minutes ago, frangar said:

I am happy to help new posters but you seem hellbent on causing friction wherever you post….do us a favour and go back to a wobblebox forum. 

Ah this is not somebody hell bent on causing friction?

Lol.

Yet another hypocrite.

Edited by The Happy Nomad

Just now, frangar said:

You think your posts are beyond reproach?  Getting upset you don’t have the highest post count anymore?? 

Upset at Ian constantly showing you up in the politics section?

So youve cme here to start a fight.

Lol

Just now, Quattrodave said:

What's a wobblebix forum? No I'm not taking the piss, Yes it's a genuine question.

A Wobblebox is a common reference to a weekend gypsy or a caravanner….so called as they seem to prefer towing them on their side rather than the wheels for some reason…..

1 minute ago, The Happy Nomad said:

Upset at Ian constantly showing you up in the politics section?

So youve cme here to start a fight.

Lol

Showing me up?? Hilarious….go back and hide in your gang. 

4 minutes ago, frangar said:

A Wobblebox is a common reference to a weekend gypsy or a caravanner….so called as they seem to prefer towing them on their side rather than the wheels for some reason…..

Showing me up?? Hilarious….go back and hide in your gang. 

Definitely showing up.

You obviously dont have the intellect or the linguistic skills to beat him. He constantly shows you up for what you are.

Btw a 'wobblebox' is a reference to a caravan not the person using one. That would be a 'wobbleboxer'.

HTH.

Edited by The Happy Nomad

Just now, frangar said:

As apparently he has me on ignore that would be tricky….nice to see you being his lackey tho. 

Does he?

I wonder why that would be.

I think it's about time you gave this young lady a call, I'm sure she can help.

Dorothy.jpg

If the poor OP is able to endure the  stuff created by a simple ish question I’ve asked a friend who’s looked into it recently. 
A lot  depends on the meds and whether the meds are needing monitoring or controlled drugs. Temporary residents can be difficult too as many ask to see the previous prescription paper to prove you are on what is requested. 

the ideal is probably to try and get 2 months issued at one time call later in the day and speak with reception staff with your registered GP practice . They can actually search for the nearest town in England by postcode and send the prescription electronically there.

If your condition needs checking it’s best well in advance to establish how often the checks are needed and make sure you can go for them. All is smooth going usually then. There are mail order pharmacies but if you actually want small local chemists to exist It maybe best to avoid  . 

I’ve actually found that with electronic prescriptions it’s now a doddle if you need repeat medication. I can do it all online through the NHS app…just change it to a pharmacy I will be passing in about a weeks time…it’s not failed me yet….unlike my nearest home chemist who was useless but again I just moved it to one in the next village and it’s been fine. It may be tricker if you GP surgery dispenses as my last GP did but even then I sorted it. It’s much easier to do the prescription on a as needed basis than try and stockpile before you go boating I’ve found. 

I not been able to get a GP since my last practice decided I should be registered with the GP near my postal address. 

I didn't register due to lots things getting in the way, so it means I can't get a temp registration because  I have no regular GP. 

This was due to me registering as an out of area patient and providing a postal address in a different place, I thought I was doing the right thing, but take this as a warning, don't mention living on a boat! Don't mention postal addresses. Don't register as out of area. 

Edited by LadyG

21 hours ago, Mike Hurley said:

Because someone who knows how it works is not the person signing the prescription, doctor has to do that so thats why i suggested that is where you start. Seems obvious to me.

Which might seem like a good idea but as some doctors are spectacularly ignorant about stuff they don't encounter, it makes sense to ask on a forum whose members are likely to have sorted the issue themselves.

• Greenie 1

1 hour ago, tree monkey said:

Which might seem like a good idea but as some doctors are spectacularly ignorant about stuff they don't encounter, it makes sense to ask on a forum whose members are likely to have sorted the issue themselves.

Agreed, when dealing with officialdom one has to be well armed, my (now former GP) receptionist said she had never heard of people living on a boat, this was in Goole, who would need prescriptions sent to different pharmacies. There is no box on the prescription form for the pharmacy number, it goes under comments, which are obviously not always actioned! 

Even getting the NHS pharmacy number can be tricky as large chains have their own branch numbers, and staff will be familiar with that number, but not the NHS number. DAMHIK. 

Edited by LadyG

9 hours ago, The Happy Nomad said:

Unfortunately GP's work to individual practice policies and this will be quite common. Some will make it easy and some will make it hard.

This it true. The GP surgery I'm registered at is not part of the NHS electronic prescriptions system which forces me to travel to the surgery to pick up my medication. Because of the difficulty in getting registered with a GP without a proper residential address I kept my GP which was near my previous mooring. Now it's 50 mile round trip to get my medication. 

Obviously I haven't told the surgery I've moved. I know I could and probably should change my GP to somewhere local and I guess at some point I will, but at the moment I can't be bothered because apart from the dispensary not being part of the NHS electronic prescriptions system I'm happy with the surgery. It just seems bizarre to me that a NHS surgery can opt out of an NHS system.

Edited by blackrose

8 minutes ago, blackrose said:

Because of the difficulty in getting registered with a GP without a proper residential address I kept my GP which was near my previous mooring. Now it's 50 mile round trip to get my medication

When we were at Ringstead we were with 

http://www.nenevalleysurgery.co.uk/

Dr Nicolson was great. Didn't have the NHS app then but they had their own that worked just as well.

I think you may be just about in their area, worth changing if you can.

13 minutes ago, blackrose said:

This it true. The GP surgery I'm registered at is not part of the NHS electronic prescriptions system which forces me to travel to the surgery to pick up my medication. Because of the difficulty in getting registered with a GP without a proper residential address I kept my GP which was near my previous mooring. Now it's 50 mile round trip to get my medication. 

Obviously I haven't told the surgery I've moved. I know I could and probably should change my GP to somewhere local and I guess at some point I will, but at the moment I can't be bothered because apart from the dispensary not being part of the NHS electronic prescriptions system I'm happy with the surgery. It just seems bizarre to me that a NHS surgery can opt out of an NHS system.

Dont forget that GP's are not technically 'part of' the NHS as in employed by it but rather they are contractors providing NHS services. This allows them to (within certain parameters) set their own policies on certain things.

This dates back to when the NHS was established and it was a challenge to get some on board. It allowed them to retain a degree of independence.