Marple Wharf and CaRT Service point - All Change

MarkH2159

Featured Posts

I recall seeing something about the redevelopment of Marple Wharf years ago but it seems planning permission was denied.

Well things may be changing fairly soon from my observations of the past few days.

There has been a CaRT Team measuring up and looking to move things around and it would appear the original plan is now a go ahead deal. 

This is what I managed to 'overhear' them discussing.

The old Wharf building will have a new role.

The New Horizons PWD Boat will be moving to be moored closer to the Wharf building - saw them measuring up and assessing the arrangements 2 days ago. It will go partially under the wharf building.

The old building in the wharf yard will become the Toilet/Elsan point but access will be limited because of the New Horizons boat.

The water point will likely be moved to the lock landing around the corner because of access limitation as above.

Wait for it....

The existing New Horizons yard, CaRT yard and toilet block etc will be gone and 6 new houses built on the site.

3 minutes ago, Alway Swilby said:

And what about the bins? Will they be relocated to somewhere the locals can't drive up to in their cars and vans and dump their house renovation waste into?

Agree with @frangar about the water pressure.

I gave up waiting for the tank to fill there after well over an hour. I reckon I could have filled it faster by peeing into it... 😞

1 hour ago, IanD said:

😝

I gave up waiting for the tank to fill there after well over an hour. I reckon I could have filled it faster by peeing into it... 😞

Remind me not to accept a cup of tea from you. Smilie in wrong place.

• Greenie 1
  • Haha 1

As far as I can see from the Stockport MBC website, a planning application for 7 dwellings (ref DC/067000) was refused in Dec 2018.

So nothing has permission at the moment.

I can only assume that a new planning application is being prepared to address the reasons for refusal given for the last application, so anyone who wishes to comment will have an opportunity to when the application is submitted. 

Edited by John Brightley
  • Greenie 1

• 1 month later...