Photos of your boat.

DHutch

Featured Posts

Thanks for the nice comments Pete , the chrome porthole linings really do set of the portholes, you are right about the central heating needing a boost and the lockgate comes up trumps and pretty good on fuel, I also had a second fuel tank fitted for the lockgate the main tank feeds the engine and the webasto , so hopefully fingers crossed if one heating fails we have a back up

• 2 weeks later...

This is passing the pont Alexandre III in Paris.

In%20Paris%20passing%20Pont%20Alexandre%

I would post a pic of us on our side (when the water got let out without our knowledge) if somebody explained how to post a picture from file.

The question of how to post a picture is a common question, if you put "posting a picture" in the searchbox, top right of the page, you'll find several answers.

It would be ever so nice if you could make a youtube video of your beautiful Industrie engine with the sound, as many forum members love to hear the sound of one of these ever lasting beauties.

Cheers, Peter.

Hi peter,

thanks for the advice, i'll check that right away.

I would love to post a video of the engine sound, but it will have to wait until summer as we are replacing the valves. if you want I could take some pics from different angles to last you until then :)

When cruising past a field of cows, they often follow us as far an they can.

Alex

Hi peter,

thanks for the advice, i'll check that right away.

I would love to post a video of the engine sound, but it will have to wait until summer as we are replacing the valves. if you want I could take some pics from different angles to last you until then smile.png

When cruising past a field of cows, they often follow us as far an they can.

Alex

As you may know, I'm no cow (and don't even eat them), but I would be tempted to follow as far as I could just to enjoy that magic sounding engine.

Some pictures would be a nice start to wet my appetite, while waiting for the sound, and I'm sure I can wait until the summer to hear the sound, but it won't be easy.

Good luck with the valve replacement.

Peter.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I saw this boat doing about 5-7 knots on the Lee about a month back. From the towpath I challenged the steerer that it was too fast and not dawdling.

How did you know it was that boat, though?

This boat lost it's "Dawdler" name several years ago, and had it painted out, and has since been known as (something like) "Crafty Bardey", I think.

So I'm rather doubtful it is that boat you saw, unless you had some way of recognisnig it other than its old name.

Edited by alan_fincher

Would this be the same crafty bardy that's on brokerage at Braunston?

If so that is on my list of possibles. Needs some work internally .

Yes, that is the boat formerly known as "Dawdler", and originally owned by a regular contributor to this forum, and kept, I believe in the Coventry area, then.

After he sold it, it subsequently moored for several years on the BW offside moorings just below "Three Locks" on the Grand Union.

Pictures from the brokerage confirm my suggestion that it has not for some years carried the name Dawdler, hence it could not have been seen recently on the Lee carrying that name, I think.

Edited by alan_fincher

• 2 weeks later...

Wow , just spent the last hour or two looking at all these lovely boats! Very envious. I had become a little disheartened about ever getting a boat but this has filled me with enthusiasm again.

Thank you to everybody for posting.

Edited by kazbluesky