Photos of your boat.

DHutch

Featured Posts

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello ,

I have posted before ,but wonder if anyone has seen this boat on their travels,?

It was refurbished by my late father in the late 60's early 70's and Named Saga, however it was sold after his death .

It was moored a Poynton Marina ran then by the formidable Mrs Burgess until the middle 80's then it was moved and I have never been able to locate it since.

The boat has an interesting provence and a few good stories attached to it

Thank you for any help you can give , my interest is only sentimental.

Regards Rory

FXZmEw.jpg

olz6HJ.jpg

Dpkc6Z.jpg

TCScFL.jpg

• 1 month later...

Here's our boat, Indus Too, we've only been custodians for the last 3 months or so, before that it hadn't seen too much love for a few years. Since then it has been refooted and rebottomed, plus some much needed mechanical servicng and fettling. We are hoping to get the outsides and back cabin up to scratch first, then begin the undercloth bit sorted soon(ish) afterwards. We are also going to drop the Too bit of the name eventually.

Jane and Ian.

INDUS1

sunset

Indus back cabin

Edited by IanR

Here's our boat, Indus Too, we've only been custodians for the last 3 months or so, before that it hadn't seen too much love for a few years. Since then it has been refooted and rebottomed, plus some much needed mechanical servicng and fettling. We are hoping to get the outsides and back cabin up to scratch first, then begin the undercloth bit sorted soon(ish) afterwards. We are also going to drop the Too bit of the name eventually.

Jane and Ian.

Did that used to be on the LTM's at Springwell?

Nice boat!

• 2 weeks later...

Did that used to be on the LTM's at Springwell?

Nice boat!

Cheers Junior, I think we passed around Barlaston weekend before last? I nearly shouted for you to stop as I wanted a tipcat and a bow fender!!

Ian.

Edited by IanR

Cheers Junior, I think we passed around Barlaston weekend before last? I nearly shouted for you to stop as I wanted a tipcat and a bow fender!!

Ian.

Yes we did, i also saw the boat at the weekend when i was visiting your neighbours. If you'd still like fenders it's not a problem to pop them in by toad as I'm not far away, or I'll be passing through Stone again in about 2 weeks.

• 1 month later...

Just one thing to watch, the burgundy on Kendal No1 has faded badly and needs cutting back. Not sure if there's a lot you can do about it other than keep the boat out of the sun which unless you have a covered dock is pretty impossible. Our paint is Efiffanes, yours will hopefully fare better

Just one thing to watch, the burgundy on Kendal No1 has faded badly and needs cutting back. Not sure if there's a lot you can do about it other than keep the boat out of the sun which unless you have a covered dock is pretty impossible. Our paint is Efiffanes, yours will hopefully fare better

Bit of a random post?

• 1 month later...

Nice little Luxemotor John apart from the fenders laugh.png

Peter

Hello Peter,

Yeah, I thought someone might pick up on those! In my defence and as you can see from the dropped mast, that and the plastic fenders were in use as she was going on dock at Shannon Harbour. I have a nice set of roughty-toughty rope ones for posing with.

Tot ziens!

Hello Peter,

Yeah, I thought someone might pick up on those! In my defence and as you can see from the dropped mast, that and the plastic fenders were in use as she was going on dock at Shannon Harbour. I have a nice set of roughty-toughty rope ones for posing with.

Tot ziens!

Hi John,

I was only joking of course, but they are a bit out of place on a barge like yours.

The "Tip-Top" fenders would be a better choice (I think) , but some nice rope ones are fine too, it's your choice and your boat and you that will pay for them.

Veel plezier met jouw mooie scheepje.

Peter.

Hi John,

I was only joking of course, but they are a bit out of place on a barge like yours.

The "Tip-Top" fenders would be a better choice (I think) , but some nice rope ones are fine too, it's your choice and your boat and you that will pay for them.

Veel plezier met jouw mooie scheepje.

Peter.

Dank u wel meneer.

Vrolijk Kerstfeest!

Lovely stern too, your prop will have an easy arrival of water and will slip nicely through the wet stuff too.

Closed cooling systems with pipe on the outside of the hull are still quite popular in the Netherlands where most waterways are fairly deep.

In the U.K I suppose that you have to be a bit more careful not to damage these against underwater attacks from shopping trollies etc.

Ik wens jou ook een Vrolijk Kerstfeest Jan de Brug.

Peter.

Edited by bargemast