Photos of your boat.

DHutch

Featured Posts

Looks very nice Luggsy, I must say that paintwork looks remarkably familiar! I think we might be twins (see below) smile.png. I bet the next 17 days will feel like a lifetime.

Interestingly the hull of our previous boat was a R&D Fabrications, a good hull that served us well.

Edit to add:

2014-06-18084421_zps8eb33c06.jpg

Edited by Kendal

Fell in love with your boat the first time I saw her Pete as it was very close to how I would paint mine if I had one, wait till you see the port holes same as yours I think ( mine are procast ) every thing is chrome, yes the next 16 days are getting to us now , but after 2 years it can't come quick enough now ,

I hope you don't mind me saying "imitation is the sincerest form of flattery"wink.png

The only negative I would say about the paint colours is that the burgundy has dulled somewhat (which is typical of all red colours). If your portholes are the same I would be interested to know the Procast reference just in case I need to replace something at some point. Can you easily remove the glass from the for cleaning (mine just lift out in the open position)? As for the chrome, I much prefer it to brass, aesthetically and for maintenance.

Would love to see some pics of the interior if you have any.

I hope to bump into you on the cut somewhere (not literally), we can compare notes if you know what I mean smile.pngcheers.gif . Where are you intending to moor, or are you CC'ing?

Good luck with the launchboat.gif

Edit to add: Sorry Gary I've just realised who you are (old age is a terrible thing). We communicated about signwriting and you told me you were going to CC, apologies

Edited by Kendal

Oh wow Gary, stunning! Can't wait to see the finished article. I prefer your marble worktops to my walnut ones for longevity.

BTW I don't think they are the same portholes, yours are better quality. My search for the manufacturer goes on............

Thanks Pete that's nice coming from a owner of a stunning boat, we went for the quartz tops as they are low maintenance as we had solid wood work tops in our house and it was a on going thing to keep the looking good , the port holes are very nice we went to procast to look at them and Brian the owner showed us how they are made ( cast ) and when you see the work involved they don't seem that expensive , I have had some port hole liners made of brass then chromed by the same company ( Nottingham platers ) who procast use and they look stunning can't wait to see them fitted , when I am on my way up north I will call in and see you if that's ok as I would love to see your boat

when I am on my way up north I will call in and see you if that's ok as I would love to see your boat

Any time Gary, just let me know when you are about

Best of luck with the launch, and I hope you have many happy years boating on what is clearly going to be a fabulous boat

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Currently resting in Garstang after an "adventurous" crossing of the Ribble!

I think I saw you the other day whilst underway.

Here are my 2, wave if you see me!

Countessa (currently with no name displayed, bad weather has stopped the paintjob till she comes out of the water!)

OuVLRXF.jpg

No Regrets (who needs to be sold sad.png )

uYvnsdS.jpg

Edited by MarkHez

• 2 weeks later...

Finally managed to get a couple of photos of my barge which a friend took when I was motoring up the Thames this summer :)

A bit tricky to get good photos of it going along as I'm always driving it !

My barge. by magnetman

Its hosted on canalworld so I don't know how to resize it but clicking the image seems to do it :)

Looks fantastic Luggsy, I bet you're over the moon to get her on the water. Any chance of a few finished pics of the inside?

Just one thing to watch, the burgundy on Kendal No1 has faded badly and needs cutting back. Not sure if there's a lot you can do about it other than keep the boat out of the sun (which unless you have a covered dock is pretty impossible). Our paint is Efiffanes, yours will hopefully fare better

Looks fantastic Luggsy, I bet you're over the moon to get her on the water. Any chance of a few finished pics of the inside?

Just one thing to watch, the burgundy on Kendal No1 has faded badly and needs cutting back. Not sure if there's a lot you can do about it other than keep the boat out of the sun (which unless you have a covered dock is pretty impossible). Our paint is Efiffanes, yours will hopefully fare better

Hi Kendal, what a shame that the beautiful paintjob on your boat didn't last, it looked so good and it's not normal for paint to go dull so quickly.

Give it a try writing to the paint supplier with some photos of how nice it was, and what it looks like now, if they want to keep their name they may do something about it.

A tip for next time, try to get the real stuff which is named EPIFANES help.gif I've used it for ages and have always been happy with it.

Peter.

Hi Kendal, what a shame that the beautiful paintjob on your boat didn't last, it looked so good and it's not normal for paint to go dull so quickly.

Give it a try writing to the paint supplier with some photos of how nice it was, and what it looks like now, if they want to keep their name they may do something about it.

A tip for next time, try to get the real stuff which is named EPIFANES help.gif I've used it for ages and have always been happy with it.

Peter.

Opps, sp. error. Of course Epifanes was what I meant to say smile.png

The paint was applied in July 2012, so is over 2 years old now. But it was looking faded when I bought the boat in April this year. If I get time I will drop them a line (I think they are based in the USA), although I won't hold my breath waiting for them to offer to pay for a new paint jobcloud9.gif

Edited by Kendal

Opps, sp. error. Of course Epifanes was what I meant to say smile.png

The paint was applied in July 2012, so is over 2 years old now. But it was looking faded when I bought the boat in April this year. If I get time I will drop them a line (I think they are based in the USA), although I won't hold my breath waiting for them to offer to pay for a new paint jobcloud9.gif

EPIFANES is a Dutch company owned by the Heeren family :

LAK- EN VERFFABRIEK W. HEEREN & ZOON B.V. "EPIFANES" is a company at NETHERLANDS,Phone is +31 297 36 03 66,Find more LAK- EN VERFFABRIEK W. HEEREN & ZOON B.V .. their paints and varnishes are used all over the world.
Give it a try, you've got nothing to loose.
Peter.

Same red as ours. It will be interesting to see how it fares over the next couple of years.

Have a good trip north, it's a great way to familiarise yourself with the boat. We were on that section of the T&M a few months ago and particularly enjoyed Great Haywood. Have a good trip cheers.gif

Love it Gary and thanks for sharing. Some of your features have given me a few ideas. I much prefer the way your portholes have been finished internally, ours are lined with wood but there are gaps between the metal frame and the lining, not clever. The attention to detail on Ploddinon is superb, and I'm starting to wish we had a stove. Central heating is fine but when it gets really cold the stove gives it a real boost. I feel a retro-fit coming on!