Jump to content

Cheap widebeam shell


Featured Posts

Words fail me...to think people buy these, for strong money, and then only for them to continue living for years afterwards...there really is no justice.

 

The word 'soulless' springs to mind...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, James Owen said:

Words fail me...to think people buy these, for strong money, and then only for them to continue living for years afterwards...there really is no justice.

 

The word 'soulless' springs to mind...

 

Luckily someone will see out of the 'cwdf box' and fix it up.

  • Greenie 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It does look like a good opportunity for someone. But I wonder why it hasn't sold over the last ten years. A few years ago there was a Springer shell advertised for sale: someone had bought in new and put it in a shed, where it had stayed while he spent 20 years or so failing to start fitting it out. Perhaps this is a similar circumstance. The advert does suggest that it may have been started but then stripped bare again.

Edited by Athy
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Athy said:

The advert does suggest that it may have been started but then stripped bare again.

 

And it also says it had a fire, but the damage and the affected metalwork has been replaced.

 

Maybe it was almost fitted out after 10 years work, then the fire meant everything had to be stripped out and the owner gave up.

  • Greenie 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

 

And it also says it had a fire, but the damage and the affected metalwork has been replaced.

 

Maybe it was almost fitted out after 10 years work, then the fire meant everything had to be stripped out and the owner gave up.

Yes, I read that bit, but wondered about its veracity: usually, when a boat has suffered a fire, there's twisted or deformed metal which is plain to see, which there isn't here. But in any case, it has the makings of a spacious and affordable family home for people who like widebeam craft.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Athy said:

Yes, I read that bit, but wondered about its veracity: usually, when a boat has suffered a fire, there's twisted or deformed metal which is plain to see, which there isn't here. But in any case, it has the makings of a spacious and affordable family home for people who like widebeam craft.

 

 

They have replaced the affected metalwork.

The roof has been replaced with 'full size sheets' 

 

 

 

 

THE BOAT SUFFERED AN INTERIOR FIRE IN LATE 2020
 
AND HAS BEEN FULLY STRIPPED OUT
 
ALL MINOR DEFECTS IN THE ROOF
 
HAVE BEEN PROFESSIONALLY REPLACED
 
WITH NEW FULL SIZE STEEL SHEETS
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

 

 

They have replaced the affected metalwork.

The roof has been replaced with 'full size sheets' 

 

 

 

 

 

Possibly, but doesn't it sound unlikely? Would it be worth their while?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Athy said:

Possibly, but doesn't it sound unlikely? Would it be worth their while?

 

Yes.

Buy it from the insurers as a right-off for £2k

Spend £5k (or less)  replacing sheets and stripping out the inside, making-good.

Sell it for  £36k

 

Worth it ?

"Hell yes" !

  • Greenie 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

 

Yes.

Buy it from the insurers as a right-off for £2k

Spend £5k (or less)  replacing sheets and stripping out the inside, making-good.

Sell it for  £36k

 

Worth it ?

"Hell yes" !

26k Alan 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

 

Yes.

Buy it from the insurers as a right-off for £2k

Spend £5k (or less)  replacing sheets and stripping out the inside, making-good.

Sell it for  £36k

 

Worth it ?

"Hell yes" !

I see. Yes, that sounds like a good business model - though it's only £26,000 rather than £36,000, the profit is still attractive. Good luck to them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, ditchcrawler said:

I would suggest this company bought it as an insurance write off, stripped it and reworked the steel as required https://vymaps.com/GB/Lancashire-Salvage-Recovery-658135704533290/

They are in Blackburn and the boat is in Preston.

 

But I see its the same phone number, so you are probably right.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.