Jonathan Wilson

Featured Posts

26 minutes ago, Rob-M said:

It looks a bit of that the three companies that Jonathan, Tim and Mike are registered directors of all filed for liquidation on Dec 15.

Is Mike still alive? He hasn't been involved with Tyler or |Wilson for many years, according to info on the internet.

Are/ were Mike Christian and Mike Heywood the same person?

Johnathon and his wife Sarah split up ages ago, his son now owns the Sheffield part of the company now, Finesse is his Son in Law Rickys business. Johnathon is opening a new business in Thorne. I think that should explain what is happening and why maybe?

6 minutes ago, David Mack said:

They've gone bust- they have debts which significantly exceed their assets.The numbers are on the Companies House website for each company under the 'Filing History' tab, then look for 'Statement of Affairs'.

Lets wait and see shall we, I was there Thursday and mostly every week. The place seems very busy for a place that has gone bust, with base plates still being laid down

12 minutes ago, peterboat said:

Lets wait and see shall we, I was there Thursday and mostly every week. The place seems very busy for a place that has gone bust, with base plates still being laid down

Phoenix ?

25 minutes ago, peterboat said:

Johnathon is opening a new business in Thorne. I think that should explain what is happening and why maybe?

• Greenie 1

11 minutes ago, David Mack said:

According to the Companies House website neither Jonathon Wilson nor Tim Tyler is a director of any new company. Although they could be involved in a new operation in a non-director capacity.

Without looking - does companies house show 'liquidation' or 'winding up' ?

IF the companies have gone into liquidation then they will be barred from being Directors of any company

If I had a shell being built by Jonathan at the minute I wouldn’t be worrying. Also I haven’t seen Bickerstaff Boats dragging their shells away that they have commissioned in-build. I think Jonathan will be building shells for many years to come.

Edited by PD1964
  • Greenie 1

5 hours ago, Athy said:

Is Mike still alive? He hasn't been involved with Tyler or |Wilson for many years, according to info on the internet.

Are/ were Mike Christian and Mike Heywood the same person?

I understand that Mike Heywood died several years ago.

11 minutes ago, Athy said:

I heard that too, also that he was a relative of Tyler and Wilson (who are apparently uncle and nephew).

I met Mike Heywood back in 1994 at an IWA national when I had only had the boat a couple of years. He was walking along the moorings and stopped by my boat...I hadn’t a clue it was him that built it!! We had a most enjoyable chat and he told me much of its “history”. Apparently Jonathan Wilson was an apprentice on my shell back in 1982/3...mine was also possibly the first Heywood  with flared bow guards...was one of the great random meetings and chats that mean I still love living on the cut 28 years later....still with the same boat too!! 

I think Johnathan was a nephew...but I’m not great on families in general. I also think that they were all followers of Jehovah’s Witnesses at some point..hence a being a large extended “family” of sorts but that might just be cut rumour. 

Edited by frangar
  • Greenie 2

33 minutes ago, frangar said:

I met Mike Heywood back in 1994 at an IWA national when I had only had the boat a couple of years. He was walking along the moorings and stopped by my boat...I hadn’t a clue it was him that built it!! We had a most enjoyable chat and he told me much of its “history”. Apparently Jonathan Wilson was an apprentice on my shell back in 1982/3...mine was also possibly the first Heywood  with flared bow guards...was one of the great random meetings and chats that mean I still love living on the cut 28 years later....still with the same boat too!! 

I think Johnathan was a nephew...but I’m not great on families in general. I also think that they were all followers of Jehovah’s Witnesses at some point..hence a being a large extended “family” of sorts but that might just be cut rumour. 

An excellent anecdote.

Were Mike Heywood and Mike Christian the same person, do you know?

1 minute ago, Athy said:

An excellent anecdote.

Were Mike Heywood and Mike Christian the same person, do you know?

I think they might well have been. I know Mike Heywood as a company stopped trading and I think “Mike Christian” rose from the ashes. There’s also Evans & Son which I believe employed Mike Heywood in some form. 

Just out of interest Mike Heywood worked for David Piper before he went and set up on his own...the boat building world is a fairly small one. 

1 hour ago, Athy said:

I heard that too, also that he was a relative of Tyler and Wilson (who are apparently uncle and nephew).

I believe Tim and Jonathan were related through marriage and brother in laws. Mike Christian Jonathan’s brother and Mike Haywood their uncle.

• Greenie 2