WHAT IS WRONG WITH SOME BOAT OWNERS

luggsy

Featured Posts

16 minutes ago, Bod said:

When the "I know my rights!" brigade learn that those rights come with responsibilities, then we shall all be better off.

Bod.

When I was a young teacher in the late '70s, my seasoned colleague Mr. Ardler foresaw the impending situation when he remarked to me "Children used to be taught their responsibilities, now they're taught their rights".

5 hours ago, Bod said:

When the "I know my rights!" brigade learn that those rights come with responsibilities, then we shall all be better off.

Bod.

Absolutely no chance. They want their rights with no responsibility and no clue as to how they got them.

Latest one, snowflakes objecting to full stops! Because they are so final. You can't make it up

Selfish or arrogant? It can be  a fine dividing line.

Years ago when I lived in a house we had a longish straight drive with the workshop at the end. We serviced all our vehicles there. The road was a cul-de-sac, no parking restrictions.

One day we were working in and in front of the workshop when a guy parked his car on the road part way across the end of the drive, looked at us working, then cleared off shopping.

We had to get some vans out so one of the lads ran after him to ask him to move it along a bit, there was loads of room.  He came back shaking his head, the driver had told him he could park anywhere he wanted, suck it up.

I walked down the drive with a Stihl saw, 14 inch disc and waited his return. When I saw him coming, I fired up the saw and approached his car.

He arrived shouting, revving Stihl saw makes lots of noise, that he was not going to move. I said I did not need him to but to get our vans out I was just going to cut the obstructing end off his car, no problem sir, won't take a minute.

He moved.

22 hours ago, Jerra said:

Leaving double parked beside somebody?    I would have been tempted as well.

Many years ago there was a Fiat parked across our loading dock in Britannia Row London.

We picked it up with the forklift and placed it between two of the posts that are in the pavement to prevent parking on the pavement. It fitted with an inch to spare. Never did see the owner get it out, it was gone when we came back the next day.

On 22/08/2020 at 19:20, George and Dragon said:

I believe you can buy a device for removing the cores from tyre valves. She probably wouldn't do it again.

I came across a chap where someone had 4 matchsticks in his tyre valves, one in each wheel

On 22/08/2020 at 19:20, George and Dragon said:

I believe you can buy a device for removing the cores from tyre valves. She probably wouldn't do it again.

A dodgy response which could lead to Big Trouble. 

Just use a matchstick!

She would do it again, I met her in a disabled parking spot when she opened back door for her large teenager just as I was walking past, blocking my passage, great puffs of smoke in car.

The old dear in the passenger seat [a non smoker] was the badgeholder. Poor old thing.