Overnight in Stoke....

frangar

Featured Posts

3 hours ago, Laurie Booth said:

To get away from the drunks exiting the Holy Inadequate :)

Anyone leaving the HI seriously drunk would have trouble finding the canal!

Don't ask me how I know this.

• Greenie 1
  • Haha 2

On 27/06/2020 at 19:24, frangar said:

Thats great....looks like westport it is then...I can make sure the engine is warm before the tunnel!

Thanks for the replies

Watch out for the goose c**p. It's everywhere, at least it was last year.

2 hours ago, Slim said:

Watch out for the goose c**p. It's everywhere, at least it was last year.

Is it back again?  My Labrador cleared all that up last year (or maybe was it the year before - its all gone daft) - didn't have to feed her for a fortnight!  Others with hungry, goose-scatophagist Labradors may also wish to try Merry Hill.  :sick:

• Greenie 2

Well a lovely quiet night at Westport...and it’s only a 10min walk to Aldi & a Toolstation if you need one. Even the geese weren’t too noisy!...I was yet again behind the slowest boat ever going through the tunnel! 

11 minutes ago, frangar said:

Well a lovely quiet night at Westport...and it’s only a 10min walk to Aldi & a Toolstation if you need one. Even the geese weren’t too noisy!...I was yet again behind the slowest boat ever going through the tunnel! 

Were you on the 9am booking

• 3 weeks later...

A couple of weeks ago we moored right outside the Toby Carvery at Festival Park.  Fishermen on the opposite side (and it’s quite a long way across) thought it a hoot to use the boats on the mooring for casting target practice, hitting the side with lead weights.  After getting fed up with that they simply threw stones.  I’ve no doubt we were just unlucky and it does seem like a good spot.   Westport Lake moorings were thick with goose poop, as mentioned earlier in this thread, so we moseyed on to Harecastle Tunnel moorings, which were great, ready for our 9am booked passage.

18 minutes ago, Captain Grumpy said:

A couple of weeks ago we moored right outside the Toby Carvery at Festival Park.  Fishermen on the opposite side (and it’s quite a long way across) thought it a hoot to use the boats on the mooring for casting target practice, hitting the side with lead weights.  After getting fed up with that they simply threw stones.  I’ve no doubt we were just unlucky and it does seem like a good spot.   Westport Lake moorings were thick with goose poop, as mentioned earlier in this thread, so we moseyed on to Harecastle Tunnel moorings, which were great, ready for our 9am booked passage.

Fisherscum are mentally retarded....

9 minutes ago, frangar said:

Fisherscum are mentally retarded....

Can't be, they have no brains at all.

I like these,

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LED-Light-Rechargeable-Car-Outdoor-Camping-Work-Torches-USB-Charging-Lamp-50W/283946366203?hash=item421c85b4fb:g:TkkAAOSwY3Ve6zJ7

solar and usb, works as a power bank too.

TD'

Edited by Tracy D'arth

Not sure if we are allowed to be rude on here but I have always called problematic anglers "fisherwankers" since I first encountered them on the Thames in the early 90s. 

I have no objection to anglers in general.

12 hours ago, magnetman said:

Not sure if we are allowed to be rude on here but I have always called problematic anglers "fisherwankers" since I first encountered them on the Thames in the early 90s. 

I thought that was the official term? I amend it to "...plonkers" when my wife is on the boat. When I remember, anyway.

18 hours ago, magnetman said:

fisherplonker2.jpg

fisherplonker1.jpg