Jump to content
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
qaz

anyone know of a boatyard near cosgrove where i can work on my boat while shes out.

Featured Posts

anyone know of a boatyard near cosgrove where i can work on my boat while shes out. Willowbridge Marina [they have a sister business nearby in milton keyns with same problems] are out out the question as as no one has anything good to say about them ,thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Aylesbury Boat Club have their wonderful undercover dry AND wet docks with all facilities.  But you pay for the time you're in so you need to be quick / efficient.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, jake_crew said:

Aylesbury Boat Club

had a chat with Aylesbury Boat Club , i may even join them permanently.  anyone know what would be a general search term for these non commercial clubs/societies as they seem  much cheaper that a marina to permanently keep a boat. am especially interested in anything closer to the west country that milton keyns. thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We normally moor up at these "private" clubs for a week or so here and there during our Summer travels.

 

Being a member of one club ie Aylesbury Canal Soc (the correct name) often gives you some reciprocal mooring possibilities at other clubs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, jake_crew said:

We normally moor up at these "private" clubs for a week or so here and there during our Summer travels.

 

Being a member of one club ie Aylesbury Canal Soc (the correct name) often gives you some reciprocal mooring possibilities at other clubs.

do u know how much membership and non residential mooring [35ft] would be for them by any chance, i only got to have a very brief chat with the Soc. im looking for a permanent [not temp] mooring.

i am so glad you mentioned this Soc originally

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can contact ACS through the website. Membership is open to anyone, but you may find there is a waiting list for moorings.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, qaz said:

do u know how much membership and non residential mooring [35ft] would be for them by any chance, i only got to have a very brief chat with the Soc. im looking for a permanent [not temp] mooring.

i am so glad you mentioned this Soc originally

 

Not my patch but I'm sure there used to be a "short" boat club in the central Milton Keynes area and in the wider Marsworth (Dunstable Boat club?) area?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Halsey said:

 

Not my patch but I'm sure there used to be a "short" boat club in the central Milton Keynes area and in the wider Marsworth (Dunstable Boat club?) area?

Lionhearts Cruising Club Pennylands Milton Keynes is the best option , frequent vacancies too

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Parahandy said:

Lionhearts Cruising Club Pennylands Milton Keynes is the best option , frequent vacancies too

looked at lions club site...nice layout by i would need to attend a work party one a mouth from exeter...would they let me do separate days on my own i wonder ? also theres a one off joining fee a \£400

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, qaz said:

looked at lions club site...nice layout by i would need to attend a work party one a mouth from exeter...would they let me do separate days on my own i wonder ? also theres a one off joining fee a \£400

The £400 is of more benefit if you were living locally I suppose , certainly worth a call I think .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Parahandy said:

The £400 is of more benefit if you were living locally I suppose , certainly worth a call I think .

sorry, i dont get that about it being a benefit. u pay it wherever u live [one time fee for joining]. i'll see how there prices compare to other clubs, would really prefer something more to the s/west of that area

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How about Dunstable & District Boat Club at Pitstone.  I moored at Pitstone Wharf many years ago and I always liked the look of D&DBC.

A quick look at their website suggests you would have a commitment to work parties as for Lions.

http://ddbc.info/index.html#

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, philjw said:

How about Dunstable & District Boat Club at Pitstone.  I moored at Pitstone Wharf many years ago and I always liked the look of D&DBC.

A quick look at their website suggests you would have a commitment to work parties as for Lions.

http://ddbc.info/index.html#

That's the one I couldn't remember mentioned above - always looks a great place...……………...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, philjw said:

How about Dunstable & District Boat Club at Pitstone.  I moored at Pitstone Wharf many years ago and I always liked the look of D&DBC.

A quick look at their website suggests you would have a commitment to work parties as for Lions.

http://ddbc.info/index.html#

 

40 minutes ago, Halsey said:

That's the one I couldn't remember mentioned above - always looks a great place...……………...

 

We failed the interview for membership there, because they felt we might be too committed to actually going boating, and not spending enough time doing good deeds or attending social events at the site(!)

I always felt like we had a narrow escape. 😀

Whilst they have a small slipway that allows boats out for blacking, I'm not aware they have any facility to have boats on hardstanding for any length of time.

Edited by alan_fincher
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 15/03/2020 at 11:52, philjw said:

How about Dunstable & District Boat Club at Pitstone.  I moored at Pitstone Wharf many years ago and I always liked the look of D&DBC.

A quick look at their website suggests you would have a commitment to work parties as for Lions.

http://ddbc.info/index.html#

thanks but need somewhere SW of m/keyns

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, qaz said:

thanks but need somewhere SW of m/keyns

Plenty of yards on the Thames...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, matty40s said:

Plenty of yards on the Thames...

isn't that SE...duhh, i just realized there may not be any canals in SW

Edited by qaz
  • Happy 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

is that thames

duhh, i just realized there may not be any canals in SW

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 16/03/2020 at 20:15, qaz said:

thanks but need somewhere SW of m/keyns

Pitstone is a long way south of Milton Keynes, south west will put you on one of the arms (Aylesbury/Wendover), or the South Oxford/Thames. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, BWM said:

Pitstone is a long way south of Milton Keynes, south west will put you on one of the arms (Aylesbury/Wendover), or the South Oxford/Thames. 

I think our friend quaz is about to find out just how limited his choice is especially on the GU South . I think we have covered everything thats in any way local to MK so I think Matty is probably correct when he mentions Oxford

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.