Agency’s local enforcement contact Paul Blake and he has confirmed that the appropriate action is to ring to 0800 807060 hotline number when the incident is in progress. To take a successful prosecution they need to catch people in the act.
At least (Unlike C&RT's numbers) this is a 24 hour number.
Telephone: 0800 80 70 60
Call the hotline to report:
- damage or danger to the natural environment
- pollution to water or land
- poaching or illegal fishing
- dead fish or fish gasping for air
- watercourses blocked by a vehicle or fallen tree causing risk of flooding
- flooding from main rivers or the sea
- illegal dumping of hazardous waste or large amounts of industrial waste
- incidents at Environment Agency-regulated waste sites
- illegal removals from watercourses
- unusual changes in river flow
- collapsed or badly damaged river or canal banks