Zeus 150 Generator

doratheexplorer

Featured Posts

45 minutes ago, Robbo said:

It looks like it’s a thirsty thing 0.58l for 150wh, so that will be around 4-5litres of fuel if you use around 100ah a day.

Be nice if you could use the heat for central heating / water.

The spec claims  - Max charge capacity: 150W/h (300A/Day) - which does not instill confidence in the technicalities

1 hour ago, doratheexplorer said:

Aww, he's lurrrrvely!  I bet he generates happyness!

(cats are better though)

Ah, thank you.

He generates a lot of noise ?

He does generate happiness and satisfaction.

He is a rescue dog, who had to be rehomed because his incessant barking resulted in a noise abatement notice being placed on his previous owners.

When we got him about 3 years ago at 14 months old, he had not had any training, needed two people to walk him and tried to kill any other dog he saw as well as barking incessantly.

Now he walks nicely to heel, is mainly quiet, has reached the highest level of obedience training at his local dog training school and can pass 75% of dogs on the towpath without reacting to them.

Still a work in progress, but infinitely better than when we got him.

He will be making his first public appearance at Alvecote Historic Boat Gathering on Saturday, where hopefully he will behave with any other dogs that may be there. ?

• Love 1

49 minutes ago, Tacet said:

The spec claims  - Max charge capacity: 150W/h (300A/Day) - which does not instill confidence in the technicalities

43 minutes ago, doratheexplorer said:

Is that rong then?

The units are a nonsense.  It probably means 150W (300ah per day at 12 volts) - but that is not what its says 

1 hour ago, Tacet said:

The units are a nonsense.  It probably means 150W (300ah per day at 12 volts) - but that is not what its says 

I think you are right, and for those 300Ah it will burn 14l of diesel, so on full blast in winter it will burn nearly £80 per week if my sums are correct.

Shame there is no facility to use the waste heat for space heating.

Still as it says, it's using the same technology as NASA uses for powering the Mars rover so it ain't going to be cheap, though NASA doesn't use diesel............

12 minutes ago, Chewbacka said:

I think you are right, and for those 300Ah it will burn 14l of diesel, so on full blast in winter it will burn nearly £80 per week if my sums are correct.

Shame there is no facility to use the waste heat for space heating.

Still as it says, it's using the same technology as NASA uses for powering the Mars rover so it ain't going to be cheap, though NASA doesn't use diesel............

It looks like the cooling is via a radiator so should be able to link up to central heating.   It’s running costs are cheaper than a Efoy which uses a fuel cell.

Its also the same technology that’s in your Ecofan :)

7 hours ago, cuthound said:

Ah, thank you.

He generates a lot of noise ?

He does generate happiness and satisfaction.

He is a rescue dog, who had to be rehomed because his incessant barking resulted in a noise abatement notice being placed on his previous owners.

When we got him about 3 years ago at 14 months old, he had not had any training, needed two people to walk him and tried to kill any other dog he saw as well as barking incessantly.

Now he walks nicely to heel, is mainly quiet, has reached the highest level of obedience training at his local dog training school and can pass 75% of dogs on the towpath without reacting to them.

Still a work in progress, but infinitely better than when we got him.

He will be making his first public appearance at Alvecote Historic Boat Gathering on Saturday, where hopefully he will behave with any other dogs that may be there. ?

Lovely looking dog top man for taking him on 

9 hours ago, luggsy said:

Lovely looking dog top man for taking him on 

Thanks Luggsy. He is my 3rd rescue dog and 5th dog overall (and 10 times as much trouble as the rest were put together).

Before I retired I was a project manager for the majority of my career and I often say he is my most difficult project to date. Certainly over budget compared to the other dogs and after 3 years there is still no end in sight.

Strangely he is the dog that has given me the most satisfaction training him though.

Edited by cuthound
Spillung

6 minutes ago, cuthound said:

Thanks Luggsy. He is my 3rd rescue dog and 5th dog overall (and 10 times as much trouble as the rest were put together).

Before I retired I was a project manager for the majority of my career and I often say he is my most difficult project to date. Certainly over budget compared to the other dogs and after 3 years there is still no end in sight.

Strangely he is the dog that has given me the most satisfaction training him though.

I want more pictures of him!

10 hours ago, doratheexplorer said:

So it's kinda cool, kinda expensive, not that useful but if you have money to burn and want very quiet off grid power in winter, it might be ok?

It's worth keeping a eye on it and doing more homework and some maths.   If your in the Lithium battery thinking, this type of generator is worth looking at as the overall cost may be cheaper with this generator and cheap leisure batteries  (as the batteries are charged fully daily, you use batteries Leisurely, so leisure batteries are fine).  It's also cheaper than built-in diesel generators (although these provide alot more watts, your batteries can't take it all, so your running a fairly large engine on very low load for the majority of the time).

It's not that kinda of expensive, I was expecting it too cost more.   Of course, in the UK it probably will do!

2 hours ago, doratheexplorer said:

I want more pictures of him!

Your wish is my command ?

Sorry it took awhile but I had to download some photo compression software to my phone before I could attach them. Didn't use to have to compress them before uploading onto CWDF.

Oh and the last photo was a Christmas present to Zeus from a neighbour, it is categorically not the postman, despite the rumours ? 

1535020316435458.jpg

1535020317045600.jpg

1535020317684310.jpg

2 hours ago, cuthound said:

Your wish is my command ?

Sorry it took awhile but I had to download some photo compression software to my phone before I could attach them. Didn't use to have to compress them before uploading onto CWDF.

Oh and the last photo was a Christmas present to Zeus from a neighbour, it is categorically not the postman, despite the rumours ? 

1535020316435458.jpg

1535020317045600.jpg

1535020317684310.jpg

Picture 1:  "STAY AWAY FROM MY BALL."

Picture 3: "DON'T SAY I DIDN'T WARN YOU!"

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

I read the spec as 150 watts output so about 11 amps max and 24 hours worth (1 day) gives 300 amps maximum.  This is more of a solar replacement to do the final bit of the charge which takes forever. At up to 0.5 litres an hour a fair bit less than your engine uses and using the heat could be good but how  much heat is generated burning 0.5 litres of diesel? Google suggests about 5kW so similar to a webasto or similar, and I think quieter.  Maybe a wispergen replacement with lower electricity output but better than a webasto that uses 3 amps.