Kelvin CAV diesel pump

Nick Davis

Featured Posts

Hi, This my first post on here but I know there is a lot of knowledge out there so my question is this. Does anyone know a good place to get a CAV diesel pump and injectors reconditioned? The pump is on a Kelvin K3. Thanks.

2 hours ago, Nick Davis said:

Hi, This my first post on here but I know there is a lot of knowledge out there so my question is this. Does anyone know a good place to get a CAV diesel pump and injectors reconditioned? The pump is on a Kelvin K3. Thanks.

Welcome Nick.  BEngo is the forum's expert on Kelvins.  He'll be along soon, I expect.  Have you tried Dick Goble?

Edited by koukouvagia

12 minutes ago, Nick Davis said:

Hi That's Jim isn't it, nice to hear from you, thanks for the advice. I did talk to Dick about 10 years ago, not sure how to get in touch with him now, I'll look him up and Bengo.

Yep that's me.  PM sent.

7 hours ago, Nick Davis said:

Where are you?  I have good reports of Watson Diesels in the SE.  I use Lawfords in Glastonbury or Peter Slater.

The K series fuel injectiion pumps are bog  standard BPE pumps so RLWP may be able to help if you are near him. Dick G also has a Potteries areaa pump fixer.

N

8 hours ago, BEngo said:

Where are you?  I have good reports of Watson Diesels in the SE.  I use Lawfords in Glastonbury or Peter Slater.

When I approached Peter Slater a year or so ago, he had just retired, but recommended Attleborough Diesel Services in Norfolk.

Mr Peter Howlett is the proprietor.

Thanks BEngo and gbclive I have a mooring on the Tring summit so I'll see who from the list is close. Thanks again

1 hour ago, gbclive said:

When I approached Peter Slater a year or so ago, he had just retired, but recommended Attleborough Diesel Services in Norfolk.

Mr Peter Howlett is the proprietor.

9 hours ago, BEngo said:

The K series fuel injectiion pumps are bog  standard BPE pumps so RLWP may be able to help if you are near him. Dick G also has a Potteries areaa pump fixer.

N

50 minutes ago, Nick Davis said:

Thanks BEngo and gbclive I have a mooring on the Tring summit so I'll see who from the list is close. Thanks again

Might also be worth a chat with Ed Boden if you see him about.  He doesn't do it himself, but as the resident boat-servicer for the GU S/ Tring/ Marsworth/Aylesbury area he will have a good idea of who's still doing the heritage fuel injection stuff.

N

12 minutes ago, BEngo said:

Might also be worth a chat with Ed Boden if you see him about.  He doesn't do it himself, but as the resident boat-servicer for the GU S/ Tring/ Marsworth/Aylesbury area he will have a good idea of who's still doing the heritage fuel injection stuff.

N

Yes thanks Ed and I are old friends he gave me some great help when I acquired the engine nearly 10 years ago his diesel man rebuilt the pump then but one or two issues at the time left me not wanting to use him again.