Cordless vacuum cleaner

Ratkatcher

Featured Posts

Pycloud moored next to me had the same problem, motor burnt out.Dyson out of warrentee.

I hinted he should still contact Dyson, and beg moan a bit in a very nice way.

he got a new motor  in the post couple of days later.

dyson warrentee has been Brillient for us, still using our V6

col

2 minutes ago, bigcol said:

Pycloud moored next to me had the same problem, motor burnt out.Dyson out of warrentee.

col

Indeed this was the case, it was just out of warranty. - they sent out a new motor and battery but said that those items would not be subject to warranty.  Annoyingly the new motor now isn't working properly (less than a year old), it doesn't power the brushbar on the extension tool.  If I'm honest I don't think I'd have another Dyson handheld.

34 minutes ago, bizzard said:

I gave £5 in a junk shop for my old Goblin cylinder vacuum cleaner about 20 years ago,  its powerful and sucks like anything and still going strong. It must be at least 40 years old now.

A man after my own heart :)

1 hour ago, bigcol said:

col

A V6 motor in a vac? Bet that sounds well ;)

On 01/02/2018 at 11:31, mrsmelly said:

We owned two dysons, both crap. We always buy Henry or Hetti  and they  are robust, do a good job and half at least the price of todays " latest fad " models.

And if you get a George, he can shampoo carpets and drain water from the bottom of your diesel tank as well as dry vacuuming.

I used mine to vacuum up some condensation in the bow and the suction was strong enough to lift the paint!

29 minutes ago, system 4-50 said:

Used my VAX this morning to vacuum an airlock out of my pipework. Took 5 minutes. Last time I did it by cracking joints which took hours (but my mind is strangely blank about it).

I'd go and get a check up with a doctor. May stop it happening again.:P

We've got the dyson v6 on board...  run it round the boat every day and it charges quickly enough.  Thing is with the dysons, the keep them alive, you HAVE to clean the filter very regularly.... its no hardship though as I wedge it between my buttocks when I shower each day!  .... ;-)

ONE day when I've saved enough, we'll have a V8 - bbrruummmmm

1 hour ago, tree monkey said:

You bang your buttocks against posts, is that while waving them about or is that a separate task?

No, the Dyson filter silly. Buttocks are private. Only Mrs Bob and the duck see them.

1 hour ago, roland elsdon said:

......so we went back to 1937

How are you managing that? We are struggling with the power management on our Tardis and can only get 12.6V at a pinch. I think I need an A to B on the hand generator.

13 minutes ago, Dr Bob said:

How are you managing that? We are struggling with the power management on our Tardis and can only get 12.6V at a pinch. I think I need an A to B on the hand generator.

You need to recharge your sonic screwdriver. 

You are starting from the wrong place. All the galvanic idolators in braunston ( oh thank you smellchucker) hold the belief that they are retaining your metal molecules in suspension.

boat to somewhere with good ley lines, where no one is plugged in disconnect your solar, throw your engine commencement device into the cut and wait. Ultimately your whole world will re evolve. Nothing will work and you will be killing rabbits and cooking them on the open fire.

For a shortcut go buy Mabel and Forget  me not . Straight back to the past. Wet suit not permitted .