Never Have A Flat Battery Again

Alan de Enfield

Featured Posts

Its too big for my boat but can put you in touch with the seller if there is any interest.

Would need large boat to be able to accommodate.

Mitsubishi V16 S16NPTA Generators 1800kva Stamford alternator very low hours complete with control panels Exhaust's radiators etc. Full details on request.

091c8c9b-5a80-46b1-b884-70ce7df4a5e3_large2000.jpg

339a966f-f46d-439b-9622-ad772ce2f15c_large2000.jpg

Edited by Alan de Enfield
  • Greenie 1

5 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

Probably not - maybe 1lt per 'pot' (as my 2 x 6 cylinder engines (combined) use 10 litres per hour at about 1300rpm)

Ahh I wont buy it as a standby then, the eu20i still looks a better bet.

7 minutes ago, cereal tiller said:

And the eu20i has a Pull starter too....

Ooh blimey thanks for mentioning that. I thought the other one had a pull starter? looking at it again though I cant see a carrying handle either is it classed as a silent gennie?

Edited by mrsmelly

2 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

I cant see a carrying handle either

I am sure one could be fabricated, but my understanding is that it is designed to be a permanent installation, so, before purchase you would need to ensure you have sufficient room under your deck-boards.

Looking for a means of income generation / employment ? - moor up amongst the CMers and sell them some ''lecky  - you'll make a fortune with your floating power station.

• Greenie 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

I am sure one could be fabricated, but my understanding is that it is designed to be a permanent installation, so, before purchase you would need to ensure you have sufficient room under your deck-boards.

Looking for a means of income generation / employment ? - moor up amongst the CMers and sell them some ''lecky  - you'll make a fortune with your floating power station.

Wouldn't solar panels produce more though?

1 minute ago, mrsmelly said:

Wouldn't solar panels produce more though?

My Sister/ BiL have a farm in Sussex  where they have developed a solar farm with 20,000 panels, (3.4Kva) I'm not sure that they could actually achieve the 1,800,000 Va that this genny puts out, but I guess that in answer to your question - YES - if you have enough of them.

12 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

Bet the CMers would complain when you turn it off at 8PM!

An engine like that will have a specific fuel consumption of about 200g/kWHr.  Or you could say 200g per hour per kW.  I used to work on a ship with four 11MW diesels.  These would use 200g x 11,000kW of HFO every hour.  That's roughly 1.5 tonnes per hour at 70% load.

1 hour ago, mross said:

An engine like that will have a specific fuel consumption of about 200g/kWHr.  Or you could say 200g per hour per kW.  I used to work on a ship with four 11MW diesels.  These would use 200g x 11,000kW of HFO every hour.  That's roughly 1.5 tonnes per hour at 70% load.

So, quite a lot then?

Cheap and nasty things the V16 Mitsubishi's. Must of put over a hundred of these in around the UK.

Loads of thick black smoke on maximum load acceptance, which lasts for a few minutes. Much worse than the Cummins, CRT,  MAN and Dorman equivalents.

Once had the fire brigade attend a commissioning of several of these in Kings Cross, coz someone had seen the black exhaust smoke and thought the building was on fire. :mellow:

Fuel consumption at full load will be around 400 litres per hour.

Edited by cuthound
Missuing worm

13 minutes ago, cuthound said:

Cheap and nasty things the V16 Mitsubishi's. Must of over a hundred of these in around the UK.

Loads of thick black smoke on maximum load acceptance, which lasts for a few minutes. Much worse than the Cummins, CRT,  MAN and Dorman equivalents.

Once had the fire brigade attend a commissioning of several of these in Kings Cross, coz someone had seen the black exhaust smoke and thought the building was on fire. :mellow:

Fuel consumption at full load will be around 400 litres per hour.

Were Vetus involved in their assembly ,are the Spares expensive?

Edited by cereal tiller

What would the tail current be?

:::coat:::

Just now, mrsmelly said:

Would I need a separate fuel tank or would the tank used for the Isuzu 42 still last a couple of weeks?

I’m sure you’d be okay for a while.