Eco Fan

mrsmelly

Featured Posts

2 minutes ago, Jim Riley said:

Mine are both sitting happily on the stoves, awaiting lighting and the generation of warmth to spread around. A lot of Nay Sayers seem to be brexit supporters...

Maybe that's where I an going wrong, how do you light an ecofan

:)

1 hour ago, Jim Riley said:

Mine are both sitting happily on the stoves, awaiting lighting and the generation of warmth to spread around. A lot of Nay Sayers seem to be brexit supporters...

This may well be true, sensible people who are not easily fooled tend to stick together :D

10 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

This may well be true, sensible people who are not easily fooled tend to stick together :D

I'm glad we agree. While others promote false facts and fake news, following their leader ( I hope not into court, again). Just don't go telling the Queen they don't work, she'll get your legs smacked. Unless you scurry off to Jockland of course.

1 hour ago, tree monkey said:

Does the ecofan power the lights or does it need batteries 

Just add wood.

15 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

I'm with you smelly. I am v.sensible!, captain sensible if you like.

50 minutes ago, Jim Riley said:

I'm glad we agree. While others promote false facts and fake news, following their leader ( I hope not into court, again). Just don't go telling the Queen they don't work, she'll get your legs smacked. Unless you scurry off to Jockland of course.

Going on thursday funnily enough. Best man at a wedding. I like Jockland.

11 hours ago, tree monkey said:

Does the ecofan power the lights or does it need batteries 

Don't be daft - there is a wind turbine at the other side of the cabin to use the ferocious air movements to generate the power for the pretty lights.

It's not in the photo as it can't be too close to the ecofan or it might blow over ...

• Greenie 1
  • Haha 1

On 05/10/2019 at 13:49, mrsmelly said:

Going on thursday funnily enough. Best man at a wedding. I like Jockland.

Come on then smelly,lets see those pictures of you in a kilt.

On second thoughts, best save them for the smelly family album.:)

On 12/10/2019 at 15:29, rusty69 said:

Come on then smelly,lets see those pictures of you in a kilt.

On second thoughts, best save them for the smelly family album.:)

Ive just got back, a hell of a long drive, especialy with all the working class commuters on a sunday afternoon driving south to the big slum for work, very very busy again ont A1/M1 etc.

No kilt for me but I did dress up like a bloomin monkey :P

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

Ive just got back, a hell of a long drive, especialy with all the working class commuters on a sunday afternoon driving south to the big slum for work, very very busy again ont A1/M1 etc.

No kilt for me but I did dress up like a bloomin monkey :P

Scruffy jeans with holes worn at the knees and a cheap t shirt with food stains, could you not have done better for a wedding?

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, tree monkey said:

Scruffy jeans with holes worn at the knees and a cheap t shirt with food stains, could you not have done better for a wedding?

Trouble is it was all on live video stream thingy, I didnt know till it was too late but my kids did cos they are young and recorded it :blink:

1 minute ago, mrsmelly said:

Trouble is it was all on live video stream thingy, I didnt know till it was too late but my kids did cos they are young and recorded it :blink:

Oh, yeah .Just found it on youtube. How much to not publish it on here?:)

• Haha 1

On 05/10/2019 at 11:02, Jim Riley said:

Nay lad.

I'm a believer apart from the damn thing now grumbling when it gets hot and I'm as Brexit as you could get.

Methinks I'm goin to have to get another one unless I can work out how to replace the batteries.

4 minutes ago, Dr Bob said:

Nay lad.

I'm a believer apart from the damn thing now grumbling when it gets hot and I'm as Brexit as you could get.

Methinks I'm goin to have to get another one unless I can work out how to replace the batteries.

Is that what's wrong with Brexit - the batteries are flat?

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Dr Bob said:

Maybe they should have gone for Lithiums?

The lithium battery version was trialed by " Eco " Ltd just a couple of years ago. They had a panel of twenty boaters try them out over a six weeks period. The trial had to be stopped when two boaters received severe burns whilst sat forty feet away from their fan with all doors and windows open. It was discovered after the enquiry into what had gone wrong that they had not been wearing the heat proof asbestos suits supplied to each person before the trial began.

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, Dr Bob said:

Nay lad.

Mine started to complain and grumble too, mostly about the naysayers. However it quietened down with a replacement motor. It had been running for 9 winters. 

• 1 year later...