Shoreline Electrical Points (Hook ups)

KMK21

Featured Posts

1 minute ago, rusty69 said:

Ah. OK. I'm not sure what a whispergen is. Is it some sort of battery charger? 

Its a personnel power pack it creates 70 amps at 12 volts and 5 kilowatts of hot water, in the winter i run it for 1.5 hours in the morning and the same in the evening it replaces the missing winter sun from solar. If I wash or use the dishwasher in the winter I run the engine with its 160ah domestic alternator, what I do clearly works and does for many others

• Greenie 1

2 minutes ago, peterboat said:

Its a personnel power pack it creates 70 amps at 12 volts and 5 kilowatts of hot water, in the winter i run it for 1.5 hours in the morning and the same in the evening it replaces the missing winter sun from solar. If I wash or use the dishwasher in the winter I run the engine with its 160ah domestic alternator, what I do clearly works and does for many others

Perhaps the OP has one too, but I suspect we will never find out! 

3 hours ago, rusty69 said:

Ah. OK. I'm not sure what a whispergen is. Is it some sort of battery charger? 

No, it is a small computerised voice processor with a loudspeaker that whispers sweet nothings into the ears of the batteries to make them feel happy. As a consequence, their SoC increases dramatically.

Edited by nicknorman
  • Greenie 3

7 hours ago, nicknorman said:

No, it is a small computerised voice processor with a loudspeaker that whispers sweet nothings into the ears of the batteries to make them feel happy. As a consequence, their SoC increases dramatically.

Reckon I could do that myself and save some cash.

I'm off to have a try in the style of whispering Bob. 

If it works, I will record it and send out copies. Mtb can have the first. 

Update....

Right, tried whispering into the lugs, but on closer inspection, they have no oles. 

Your not winding me up are you Nick? 

Edited by rusty69

1 minute ago, Murflynn said:

any caring boatowner talks to their batteries every time they visit the boat, and every morning and evening whilst onboard.  To fail to do so may invoke the wrath of the RSPB.

Surely you mean RSPb

• Greenie 2

11 hours ago, peterboat said:

Aren't they a Stirling Engine?  ( reliable NZ ones rather than the unreliable Danish ones I worked with :D).

3 hours ago, cuthound said:

Aren't they a Stirling Engine?  ( reliable NZ ones rather than the unreliable Danish ones I worked with :D).

It is, it runs on red diesel or Kero, it will be kero in my new boat as it is a lot cheaper and cleaner and it really is silent so ideal for my electric boat. As for reliability its going on for 5000 hours now and still going strong a great buy to say the least

7 hours ago, peterboat said:

It is, it runs on red diesel or Kero, it will be kero in my new boat as it is a lot cheaper and cleaner and it really is silent so ideal for my electric boat. As for reliability its going on for 5000 hours now and still going strong a great buy to say the least

I believe they are no longer produced?

12 hours ago, Robbo said:

I believe they are no longer produced?

They arnt but I purchased 3 brand new ones from the MOD earlier this year £475 each and the repairer for them is in Rotherham so I purchased all the items to install them from him. Mike the boilerman has one of them and another friend the other. They were fully charged with gas so fingers crossed for 5000 trouble free hours of work from them

11 hours ago, peterboat said:

They arnt but I purchased 3 brand new ones from the MOD earlier this year £475 each and the repairer for them is in Rotherham so I purchased all the items to install them from him. Mike the boilerman has one of them and another friend the other. They were fully charged with gas so fingers crossed for 5000 trouble free hours of work from them

Good find.  They seem to be a good system for liveaboards for heat and electric.

Edited by Robbo

8 minutes ago, peterboat said:

I have had six years with one and it made a difference to being off grid from hard to easy

It's a shame there isn't anything similar you can easily buy now, there seems to be more of a market for it now than there ever was!  Do you know if the repairer or other places has any for sale?

Edited by Robbo

11 hours ago, Robbo said:

It's a shame there isn't anything similar you can easily buy now, there seems to be more of a market for it now than there ever was!  Do you know if the repairer or other places has any for sale?

I will inquire when I get back from Scotland