How can i stop the Birds Pecking my Hull ?

Greylady2

Featured Posts

This blinking tapping on my fresh blacking is really getting on my nerves, i love wildlife but i worry the bluddy things are going to cause rusty pit holes in my fresh paint.

I do not feed any water birds but is their any way of stopping this 5 hour tapping other than me scaring them off with my gob ?

Are you sure you are cut out for boating? That's one of those bizarre things that happens when you have a boat that make it fascinating

They won't damage your blacking. You'll do far more damage by moving the boat*

Richard

*There - a new thing to worry about icecream.gif

The birds are presumably ducks and they like to pull the nice fresh weed off your boat to eat it. I have to say that it's something we quite like to hear even if it's at 5am. Pity the poor ducks whose best slap up meal is a bit of green slimy stuff - then you won't find your own lot too hard!

The birds are presumably ducks and they like to pull the nice fresh weed off your boat to eat it. I have to say that it's something we quite like to hear even if it's at 5am. Pity the poor ducks whose best slap up meal is a bit of green slimy stuff - then you won't find your own lot too hard!

Yer its the dirty dozen dozen duck/coots or the moorhen's.

Dont get me wrong i love it but after doing the blacking and seeing stuff you know where i am coming from.

:-) love living on my boat.

Have you Peed off the neighbours ?

In the 'old days' of caravanning, for the neighbours who had kept you awake all night running their generator, drunken party or whatever, it was considered 'normal' to throw some bread up onto the roof of their caravan - first light - seagulls with hob-nail boots dancing on the roof.

Revenge is sweet !!

• Greenie 1

This blinking tapping on my fresh blacking is really getting on my nerves, i love wildlife but i worry the bluddy things are going to cause rusty pit holes in my fresh paint.

I do not feed any water birds but is their any way of stopping this 5 hour tapping other than me scaring them off with my gob ?

Duck, swans, geese etc can be stopped quite easily, just sweep the top six inches (150mm) below your waterline clean every day. :) That is bow to stern,port and starboard.

In the 'old days' of caravanning, for the neighbours who had kept you awake all night running their generator, drunken party or whatever, it was considered 'normal' to throw some bread up onto the roof of their caravan - first light - seagulls with hob-nail boots dancing on the roof.

Revenge is sweet !!

No lol

But thanks for the tip. :-)

Revenge is sweet !!

No lol

But thanks for the tip. :-)

Duck, swans, geese etc can be stopped quite easily, just sweep the top six inches (150mm) below your waterline clean every day. :) That is bow to stern,port and starboard.

Would i get away cleaning with 125mm ?

The question is "HOW TO STOP THEM PECKING MY FRESHLY BLACKED BOAT"

Not one that is covered in weed.

My guess is that Grey Lady's paint is some month's old and has weed growth else the ducks etc would not be pecking. :) Unless the new paint has an additive that attracts ducks etc :)

Hang this over the side of your hull

cq5dam.web.266.200.jpeg

Recipe courtesy of Laura Calder
Show: French Food at Home
Episode: Simple Classics

· Recipe

View

Photo: Duck a l'Orange

TOTAL TIME: 45 min

Prep: 20 min

Inactive Prep: --

Cook: 25 min