Yes he was arrested.

matty40s

Featured Posts

This is the previous thread's last comment:

In agreement to the concerns raised by the OP, it's unfair to speculate on the behaviour of the gentleman in charge of the boat - put yourself in his position. CRT did a great job of successfully clearing the flight as quickly as possible to get traffic moving again which they did by 14:30. If you wish to continue the debate on insurance/liability/cover etc. please free to start a new thread; in the meantime this thread is being locked with the aim of preventing further speculation about the steerer. Please help us achieve that aim.

I was unaware its now policy to lock threads which are unfair. Anyway, since this thread('s information) REDUCES the speculation by confirming an arrest, perhaps its time to reopen (and merge) the threads.

The bloke who sunk his boat in that thread is unconnected with the bloke being discussed in this thread, and any similarity is entirely coincidental.

From the T&Cs :

"................posts or messages which cumulatively are; knowingly false and/or defamatory, aimed to deceive or ridicule, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, disruptive, intimidating, threatening, inflammatory, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, bullying or invasive of a person's privacy".

Stop being naughty !!!

For the avoidance of doubt this thread is not about the bloke in the thread Ray links to.

It's about somebody else. An imaginary person, created so we can discuss the issues surrounding drinking and boating.

Really? A thread entitled " Drinking and Boating" was not sufficient then?laugh.png

This forum thread is protected under the copyright laws of the United Kingdom, Overseas Territories and other countries throughout the world.

Country of first publication: Canal World.

Any unauthorized exhibition, distribution, or copying of this thread or any part thereof (including soundtrack) may result in civil liability and criminal prosecution. The story, all names, characters, and incidents portrayed in this production are fictitious. No identification with actual persons, places, buildings, and products is intended or should be inferred.

No person or entity associated with this film received payment or anything of value, or entered into any agreement in connection with this matter.

No animals were harmed in the making of this thread.

Copyright © (2016). CWDF Productions. All rights reserved.

Edited by Dave_P
  • Greenie 1

Putting to one side the original decision to lock the other thread, I think the best way forwards is to revisit that decision in the light of new information coming forwards. By opening and merging, it changes nothing except that the thread is more comprehensible. Pretending its a different person is just daft and serves to confuse those who don't get your sense of humour, which doesn't come across well on an internet forum anyway.

I met the chap with the boat that was cilled in Lock 15 earlier today. They seemed like a pleasant couple. A real shame that something unfortunate like this happened, regardless of the circumstances. Luckily, the only damage is to the skeg and a bit of water damage to the front cabin. Not too bad as they are in the process of refitting. I hope they are able to get the boat back into good shape again soon.

• Greenie 1

I met the chap with the boat that was cilled in Lock 15 earlier today. They seemed like a pleasant couple. A real shame that something unfortunate like this happened, regardless of the circumstances. Luckily, the only damage is to the skeg and a bit of water damage to the front cabin. Not too bad as they are in the process of refitting. I hope they are able to get the boat back into good shape again soon.

Good to hear,the refitting, repairing is underway.

Lessons learnt,sometimes in life you need a scare

We get so blasé about life etc.

Good news

Col