42 feet of pure prettiness

MissMax

Featured Posts

Just a girl!

I'll have you know I have stopped electrocuting myself

Everytime I go in the engine bay :) ( eventually)

Don't know what time I will get to Silsden depends on light up time in the morning.

Running out of Internet credit but have free calls and texts. Top up tomorrow Joplin Silsden

As dog and cats needs more steak and eggs and I need a laundry :)

Are you sure Mr Payne?

Spiders have been replaced with mice!

It's blooming dark out here. Strange noises in the night like something is getting eaten alive Ms my cats bolted inside straight to the bed.

Sleeping with the light on....and a torch.... Hammer..... Couple I mooring pins...I'll just stay awake till the sun come up

The only sensible way I could figure out how to close the swing bridges was to clip a rope to the railings as you pass through and chuck the other end onto the towpath. Then get off and pull the bridge shut with the rope. A karabiner makes clipping the rope easy.

Here's how to do swing bridges single handed....

Don't moor up, just take a a centre line and a very long stern line to the bridge.

Open bridge

pull the boat through with the ropes from the bridge

Close bridge

Pull the boat back to the tow path with the centre line

Edited by Robbo

I had to Google 'Stem line' (could have just said pointy end :( )

Ok I'll try it.

Can I empty my boat at Silsden no details in the companion map book ( what's left of it after pup)

It's the blunt end rope, so you can pull the boat all the way through, it needs to be longer than the boat so you can pull it from the bridge so you may need to tie two together.

When opening the bridge I tie these ropes to the bridge so not to lose them like! Oh and don't fall off the end of the bridge when pulling the boat!

i think Bingley is the nearest place for emptying

Edited by Robbo
  • Greenie 1

if you're Spanish the blunt end is also referred to as the 'arsiender'. Trust me,I was in the Navy!!

I'm not Spanish, but evenso that's an expressions I knew too, we have similar expressions in Dutch and French, but to avoid the risk of possibly getting banned for the use of rude words I avoided that one.

Peter.

Oh dear. Technically I got to Silsden but due to bashing my bottom repeatedly I have landed just past the houses before bridge 192.

May need a new bottom :( to to use my legs than do the leap of faith onto the boat.

There was no sensible place to moor on the towpath side, blooming rocks or culls very blooming place. Least cats won't get locked in the men's room.

Need to find shops and laundry place. Only had to do one bridge alone :) ( still have my windows)

I'm not Spanish, but evenso that's an expressions I knew too, we have similar expressions in Dutch and French, but to avoid the risk of possibly getting banned for the use of rude words I avoided that one.

Peter.

Wheres the 'rude' word? If you pronounce it in a particular way, it may be rude, but the way I wrote it and I pronounce it, it isn't rude at all.

Wheres the 'rude' word? If you pronounce it in a particular way, it may be rude, but the way I wrote it and I pronounce it, it isn't rude at all.

The way you pronounce it maybe not, but my hearing isn't good enough to hear you saying it.

But I'm happy to learn that it doesn't count as rude, as in that case we're not going to lose you because of you being banned..

Peter.