42 feet of pure prettiness

MissMax

Featured Posts

I'm filling up on fuel and wot nots on Wednesday then leaving early Thursday morning.

Not enough funds to leave this week. Apparently I am such a special Moonbeam I have been moved onto PIP. Hope to get a weekend job when I get to the marina area, even if I can't park there I can lurk up and down during winter and think of ways and different marinades to get Mr Cuthound

If you qualify for PIP then there may well be a number of other benefits you can claim.

I know of several who get their mooring fees, boat licence and insurance all paid for - worth asking your 'moonbeam handler' about it.

Thank you Mr Enfield. I will ask about it.

Don't forget the chianti, goes well with kidneys apparently.

According to that nice Anthony Hopkins anyway

But it is Cuthound. A can of Special Brew should do the trick ;)

I used the chain that i was going to use on Mr Peterboat to attach to my chimney

2eGV5fy.jpg

Hope (black cat) has been in twice, but not on the same day

gvpNfir.jpg

Decided to be a big girl and use the bed tonight (did check and spray for spiders)

2gifDVI.jpg

Only the cats have used it so far

Hard to get comfy on the settee with the adopted one

wSnU3ad.jpg

zVIofW1.jpg

I don't think the cats are going to like the new sleeping arrangements

XEXHF9w.jpg

cNgKST4.jpg

If anyone wants to take my dog and bring her back when she is normal (just like me) give me a shout (I hear Jamboats arm shooting up at the back ) :)

But it is Cuthound. A can of Special Brew should do the trick ;)

I don't like Special Brew, at the very least it should be Timothy Taylor's Landlord.

(Assuming Zeus will let you get near me without him eating you).

Wonderd why the GPS device on Nightwatch wasn't working properly. Airport security must have removed it :(

How do all of you (most of you) know all these boaty things off by heart?

Nothing makes sense on a boat, nothing behaves like it's supposed to (or like the magazines say)

Mr Nightwatch is sitting on some beach with the love of his life drinking Ribena from a coconut while I'm here in Blighty checking my torches still work and doing my hourly spider search :(

If I'm suffering, so should everyone else (out of sympathy)

The Tescos Sweet and Sour chicken with egg fried rice that I had for breakfast has come back to haunt me. I may not be long for this world (it came out my nose). I'm going to curl up with a bucket and hope nothing else happens :(

Edited by MissMax

I'm in another County not Country. There ain't no beaches here me dear.

I like Ribena.

Get yourself off to Barnoldswick ASAP, you will find life a lot better. They sell diesel,have water and all sorts of stuff. A toilet!!! Elsan point. Small Chandlery.

Have you had the solar fitted. I would guess they will come to Lower whatsitsname Marina to fit it.

Martyn

Edited by Nightwatch

I'm a bit worried about Missmax.

She bought the boat because it was 42ft of pure blue prettiness then proceeded to paint it back.

Gurls... HOPELESS.

Good morning Mike, probably due to the time of the day, you've missed an "l", as I'm sure you wanted to write black.

Maybe while planning her paint job Max listened to an old Stones record "Paint it black", and thought after all "Black is beautiful".

Peter.

She bought the boat because it was 42ft of pure blue prettiness then proceeded to paint it back.

Gurls... HOPELESS.

Perhaps she is colour blind?

Edited to remove a duplicate posting. Echo?...

Edited by cuthound

Gurls... HOPELESS.

Its all because .............

The survey, and several members of this parish told her "it needs Blacking", and being a 'Good-Girl' she did as she was told

Simples !!!

• Greenie 1

Good morning Mike, probably due to the time of the day, you've missed an "l", as I'm sure you wanted to write black.

Maybe while planning her paint job Max listened to an old Stones record "Paint it black", and thought after all "Black is beautiful".

Peter.

Morning Peter, you are of course dead right I meant to type 'black'. I'll refrain from commenting '"Boys, HOPELESS" and instead think up a string of excuses starting with it was late and I'd had a small glass of Merlot.

I'll leave it unedited or this thread will make no sense! (Did it ever?)

Day 4 since Spider gate, and I still have 2 kidneys.

Worrying that MissMax hasn't posted since yesterday.

I wonder if she is moving south and coming for me?...

She's busy painting the boat BLUE again, obviously....

No - it is clearly the spiders from Mars giving her orders to paint it black ready for the spider overlords to come down and make it the base from which they lay the eggs to hatch the spider super soldiers who will launch their Earth takeover plan.

Anyone would be sure to be suspicious of a blue boat, but a black one.......? Its genius!

I'll have to go offline now before they send her to come for me too.....

Edited by NealSmith100

I actually,like others, think she's doing really well. Made a few mistakes but able to laugh about them and put herself in the firing line. I certainly wouldn't be coping as well under the same circumstances. I wouldn't be at all surprised if she feels a little hurt by some of the comments directed her way. She's a tough cookie, on a very steep learning curve and needs all the helpful advice she can get. Humour, on this thread, is the best ever. But think of Max who is continually the subject, when things get on top of you for real, constant digs can boil you over.

I think there is a good story here, good or otherwise, to be published but let's get Max on the road to happy boating. Max is aware of my advice to get to a mooring with hook up and tradesmen who can sort things. As always money may be an issue, but hey ho! it always is.

Max, if you're reading this, chin up, yep,all of them! and come back on the forum. Last nights story, although a bit stressful for you,is quite funny after the event.

Martyn.

• Greenie 4