42 feet of pure prettiness

MissMax

Featured Posts

Thank you Mr Chris. I'll find a Willos :)

Just pointing out that it is 6:39 am and Mr Peterboat ain't here :( . He's probably putting on his long johns (butlers overslept) and then going down stairs to have a breakfast of Kippers and Eels (aka Narrowboaters breakfast)

It's now 6:43

Not that I'm excited and I've been up since four making my boat pretty (prettier)

Thank you forum for donating Mr Peterboat. Promise to feed and walk him everyday :)

I put new cement on the stove as the last cement fell off.

Hope Mr Peterboat isn't some artificially generated intelligence, created by the forum just to get my hopes up then dash them on the canal banks of sadness and empty cake boxes :(

Promise to return him in the same state of mind and condition he arrived in..... Just a bit more paint and grease

I put new cement on the stove as the last cement fell off................

I do worry about this.

Either you 'put it on wrongly' or it is so corroded that just a 'bit more' metal (rust) broke off and took the cement with it.

Please don't light the fire until it has been properly repaired - shoving a bit of 'play-dough' in the holes will do little to improve safety and life expectancy if the flue walls just break off around it.

Get into a marina with electric hook-up, use a fan (or other) electrical heater and spend a few weeks / months getting the critical jobs (stove, hot water, clean water tank, etc) sorted out.

Painting and new curtains should be well down the list.

I do worry about this.

Either you 'put it on wrongly' or it is so corroded that just a 'bit more' metal (rust) broke off and took the cement with it.

Please don't light the fire until it has been properly repaired - shoving a bit of 'play-dough' in the holes will do little to improve safety and life expectancy if the flue walls just break off around it.

Get into a marina with electric hook-up, use a fan (or other) electrical heater and spend a few weeks / months getting the critical jobs (stove, hot water, clean water tank, etc) sorted out.

Painting and new curtains should be well down the list.

That is Wise advise, hope that Max will stop eating her cakes and listens to this.

Peter.

First off

BEST DAY EVERRRRR!

Would have been even better if Mr Peterboat didn't insist that I drive the boat myself (it was terrifying.....at first)

He insisted on going at warp factor 10 (I met my past and future selfs who all tutted at my life choices).

3 miles to the nearest lock and what a lock it was. Think it was made by Giants or formed when the earth cooled (they was mooseive)

Locks are not as traumatic as I thought they would be and Mr Peterboat (not a forum computer generated member) is a fantastic teacher and explainer.

It was a blooming marvellous day. Pups still a weirdo though. There will always be a bit of this boat with him which makes me happy ( he made me drive my own boat!) the Bitumen will never come off his hands....clothes or anything else that may have glanced at the boat :D

Had good advice about keeping along book to prove I have moved, and he also ventured up and down Nightwatchs steps like a jack rabbit (no hot water on my boat)

Starting from tomorrow, I am going to be a responsible boater and start venturing away from Skipton. Just need to pop back next week for my solar bits and fuel,gas and shopping.

No point owning a boat if I don't actually do any boating.

Will get Pennine boats to look at the stove when I get the solar wot-nots slapped on :)

I think my voice has got deeper. Does this mean I'm turning into a grown up!

Cuthound will no longer be using the forum due to me chasing him round the kitchen table with a rolling pin and a pot-noodle Grrrrr

MTB

Twice as long

It was a lovely day with MissMax she is keen to learn and listens to what is said fingers crossed. As for the stove i have bled it but the real issue is that it is in the bow and the rads and cauliflower are in the stern its all on gravity but the pipes are running down hill help.gif

The engine circuit for the cauliflower is a right bodge and doesnt work it requires tools and some bits plus a days work to sort it, which is more than can be said for my marlin hunter sports car which was written off when i got back by 2 idiots in a golf on the wrong side of the road its a mess and my are is poorly as wellsick.gif none of this is maxes fault as i was returning from doing some shopping

Life sucks some days

Well done Peter for going to help a lady in distress.

So sorry to hear of your incident when you got home. Yes, life sucks sometimes.

What I can't get about Water Orchid is that the boat was owned by a couple so they must have had hot water at some stage and must have used the stove. Sadly the husband died so I expect the wife didn't tinker about with stuff. So I wonder why is doesn't work now.

The heating. Would a pump sort out the circulation?

Max. You'll be zooming up and down the canal from now on.

Martyn

I dont know how they did it though thats the problem, however it does have an immersion so maybe that was the way. All i know is that if the stove is heated slowly it might work so i gave max instructions on doing that so fingers crossed we will find out tomorrow

Sorry to hear you were in a accident. Tell me who they are and I will punch them in the ankles. I loved that car even though we just met.

Stove doesn't make a bubbling knocking noise now (which was terrifying) still got no hot water, I reckon it's going to be a case of stealing some kidneys from forum members to make enough cash to pay for a person to redo the pipes (Cuthound has to many kidneys).

I think the last owners just plugged the boat in at the marina and did day trips on it. Oh well least I have the prettiest paint job on the whole canal :)

Make sure your insurance company gives the golf driver a jolly good spanking from me. Stay home and get better.

Thank you chaps :)

Morning sorry to hear no hot water i will donate the 2 scrotes kidneys that ran into me and drove off hearts and kidneys [clearly hearts will be hard to find] poor old marly is poorly so i will be trying to sort him today i think, whilst i think about your problems and solutions to them

Be very very careful with the fire. Neighbour's boat burned out last night due to an overheating solid fuel stove, possibly badly fitted, which went up while they were out. Who knows exactly what happened. But the boat is trashed, the dogs were luckily rescued by fire brigade, and neighbours are now homeless and looking at a scrap boat. Paranoia is useful where fire-type stuff is involved

• Greenie 2

Even if the fire is installed properly, make sure that your emergency exit(s) are always ready to be used, you'll never know when you'll need them.(hopefully never)

And also easier said than done, try not to panic, and if the fire just started try to extinguish it, without risking your life.

Peter.

Mr Peterboat did mention I have to sort my locks out on the boat so I can exit either through the front or back. I've just been slapping padlocks on the back door and ignoring the risks (I can hear you tutting at the back)

Moving out of Skipton next week Thursday. Time to put my big girl pants on and bite the centre line of adventure (Just like QCat does)

Would be sooner but I want Pennine boats to give me a quick check up and fit the solar panels on, plus fuel and gas and bits.

I'm going to finish the flooring and painting (inside the boat) this week and get in my supply's so I can go slowly up the canal (I have sooo much cat and dog food I could open a shop).

Haven't had to do a handwAsh yet as laundrette is close by (I want a washing machine) I have a feeling I will need to replace all my batteries as they never get to 100% and I only use one light at a time.

Haven't slept in the bedroom as the pup still needs to powder her nose through the night so the cats are still enjoying that room.

I can honestly say without this forum that I wouldn't have lasted three days with the boat when I moved into it last month.

The magazines don't mention the horror of moving into a infested boat and having to deal with not only your own items but the previous persons junk, spiders, no heating and a whole host of problems

Less stressed out about going out into the unknown and I am less frightened of the boat thanks to Nightwatch and Mr Peterboat. Still going to put on my life jacket when no one is around though.

Still think my voice has got deeper since I learned about the secrets of locks

• Greenie 1

I hindsight do you not think you would have been better off doing more research before jumping in?

On the plus side you are showing many newbies just how difficult life afloat can be and is.

All that said I do wish you all the very best and hope you can defeat your demons.

Wish I listened to all the members who I asked, begged and pleaded for advice ( they may have said 'No' and 'Haggle' but....I'm a idiot)

Wish I took boating lessons, wish I knew how to fix things (I do have a pretty tool set). Apparently hitting things repeatedly with a hammer isn't a good thing!

Stupid Rose Tinted Glasses :(

• Greenie 1

I hindsight do you not think you would have been better off doing more research before jumping in?

On the plus side you are showing many newbies just how difficult life afloat can be and is.

All that said I do wish you all the very best and hope you can defeat your demons.

I have a feeling the demons have more to fear from Max than she has from them

Phil