42 feet of pure prettiness

MissMax

Featured Posts

I have a boat full of spiders, not nice when you get a face full of web when trotting to the loo in the night.

How unkind. Just consider how the spider which was sleeping peacefully in the W.C. bowl felt when it got a face full of...

Grrrrr! Fear me......(if it's not to much trouble)

2RiS25L.jpg

TwyQJvi.jpg

Mr Nightwatches favorite steps :)

A2sZA2K.jpg

What i hit with a axe....and hammer.....and my feet

rQjMAOc.jpg

Hasta la vista bunk beds Grrrr

VuisH8g.jpg

It took foreverrrrrrrr

Checked i had enough carpet

znaj8D7.jpg

Then thought B***** that (it involved maths!)

Experimented with foam

HjYq3Sr.jpg

Then ran away when it started coming towards me :(

And heres one we prepared earlier

7FKbeGj.jpg

GPKGrZl.jpg

SCbNIqj.jpg

One room done in time for 'The boater' to get to Skipton and teach me how to do that boaty thing with Locks

And where i will be lurking and contemplating my revenge on Nightwatch for treating my boat like a ripe banana grrrr

Shower still screams, no hot water out of taps and the place that i asked to fix things can't :(

I blame Mr Enfield and that Dastadley Dave P my they never experience the joy of cheesy haggis and mushy peas

Im still really stinky (ask Nightwatch) but with the added bonus of varnish, hammerite and a hint of Bitumen

and i still can't stay clean :(

Got a photo missing but my internet has left me ( everybody and everything leaves me boo who)

I won't be using that room. I'll be on the sette with my minture farm wondering what it would be like to have heating and hot water ( like a proper boat)

If anyone needs me ( no one ever does) I'll be drinking cuppa soup under my blanket trying to keep warm :(

(So does black make my bum look smaller or not?

Where am I supposed to tie the centre line ?

Yes I agree. Possibly why MissyMaxy bought the boat!

(I know she said it was because it was BLOO, but that must of bin a fib as first thing she dun was paint it black!)

I believe they actually mix blue (cobolt blue) with black to make it blacker.

Why do you think it needs tying at all? Do you not trust the bow and stern lines?(The centre line is a 'handling line' for handling the boat in use, not a mooring line.)

I on occasion use the centre line as a mooring line. Usually when stopping at one of the concrete edge mooring where C&RT have been considerate enough to place the mooring rings in locations that are totally inappropriate distance apart for a 70ft boat on a waterway that was built for 70ft boats.

Rear line tied behind the boat to check forward movement, front line not long enough to reach ring in front of boat and has to go onto ring behind the bow. Use centre line on ring in front of centre to check backwards movement.

I know what you are thinking, I could leave the front rope to check forwards movement and bring the stern rope forward to check backwards movement; could do, but C&RT in their ultimate wisdom didn't bother to put a ring there either.

So I just say bugger it and use a handling line to moor with, then go to the pub.

• Greenie 1

I on occasion use the centre line as a mooring line. Usually when stopping at one of the concrete edge mooring where C&RT have been considerate enough to place the mooring rings in locations that are totally inappropriate distance apart for a 70ft boat on a waterway that was built for 70ft boats.

Rear line tied behind the boat to check forward movement, front line not long enough to reach ring in front of boat and has to go onto ring behind the bow. Use centre line on ring in front of centre to check backwards movement.

I know what you are thinking, I could leave the front rope to check forwards movement and bring the stern rope forward to check backwards movement; could do, but C&RT in their ultimate wisdom didn't bother to put a ring there either.

So I just say bugger it and use a handling line to moor with, then go to the pub.

Brilliant! I was thinking how pleased I am with myself for ringing my first quarter peal tonight, on the tenor at Highclere church tower. 1260 changes of Bob Doubles taking 48 minutes. How on earth did you know?!

• Greenie 1

What if my boat gets frightend and try's to bolt! I'll be up and down the canal trying to laso the little blighter (and everyone else uses the middle rope )

I did pick the prettiest rope though as I needed some colour. I tried green and red gloss but it went all dribbley so that's why I got the bitumen ( I can spell bitumen :) )

QCat don't worry. I got some pretty rope left to tie you to the pointy end ;)

Boats still blue, if you hold your breath, spin round ten times and squint one of the colours you will see will be blue :)

I'm a special Moonbeam so it's true ( blows raspberry at MTB )

Dear Mr Enfield

It was you that chose the boat and forced me to purchase, even though I hit your strong hairy chest with my small girly hands and told you the loo was to far away :(

So it's another thing which is YOUR fault ( spiders in loo room)

The Barnacle is getting his steps painted tonight Grrrr ( shakes pack of cream crackers in a threatening manner)

• Greenie 1