wavy edge on canopy - what's the correct term?

Featured Posts

Traditionally scalloping was more like row of convex semicircles, but these days it appears to be used as a generic term to destcribe any undulating edging. However, waved or wavy does seem to be used quite commonly to name the shape you are describing.

Traditionally scalloping was more like row of convex semicircles, but these days it appears to be used as a generic term to destcribe any undulating edging. However, waved or wavy does seem to be used quite commonly to name the shape you are describing.

Dogtooth, cup and ball...

There are descriptions for these things individually, I'm sure there is a description for them all together

Richard

Naff

That's my favourite so far. I may order sharktooth instead or just make another one myself and finish it off with scissors.

Thanks for the replies everyone :cheers:

A while ago I put a 10ft trampoline (£1.04 on eBay) up over my back deck as a sun/rain shelter (its a barge with a wheelhouse). I bodged up a cover with cotton duck canvas but thought maybe some of this wavy edged stuff might look more 'together'

What I really need is a 10ft diameter round solar panel :rolleyes:

Edited by magnetman

A while ago I put a 10ft trampoline (£1.04 on eBay) up over my back deck as a sun/rain shelter (its a barge with a wheelhouse).

...and laughed your sox off as the birdies tried to land on it and kept bouncing back into the air.