Queen’s 90th Birthday River Pageant

max's son

Featured Posts

The River Pageant to celebrate the Queen’s 90th birthday will be held on June 11th. The flotilla will start at 11am at the Worcester road bridge and will be televised.(? not sure which channel), I think it will be minus the queen.

Going downstream to Diglis and back to the Rowing Club by the race course

Hope it does not rain like the Diamond one on the Thames

The River Pageant to celebrate the Queen’s 90th birthday will be held on June 11th. The flotilla will start at 11am at the Worcester road bridge and will be televised.(? not sure which channel), I think it will be minus the queen.

Well I hope she gets to spend the day lazing about in bed with Prince Phillip instead of turning out smartly dressed on the river for a pesky 'pageant'.

Thank God I'm not the Kween...

Well I hope she gets to spend the day lazing about in bed with Prince Phillip instead of turning out smartly dressed on the river for a pesky 'pageant'.

Thank God I'm not the Kween...

I think you'll find it's meant to be HRH Prince Phillip for the likes of you, mind you if you were kween, you could probably get away with dropping the HRH wink.png

Going downstream to Diglis and back to the Rowing Club by the race course

Thanks - there is also one on the Thames on the same day - some outline timings here from the Gloriana's website:

http://www.glorianaqrb.org.uk/event/river-thames-flotilla-celebrate-majesty-queens-90th-birthday/

I hope it's not covered by the same team from the BBC.

That was the worst TV coverage of an event that I have ever seen, and the rain was no excuse.

Bearing in mind that the real stars of the Pageant were the boats, it would have (would of ? cool.png ) been nice if just one of the team had some knowledge and/or interest in the boats themselves.

I felt sympathy with the likes of Sophie Rayworth and Clare Balding who were involved in that fiasco. I understand that the producer, who should have (should of ? cool.png ) been sacked, was actually promoted as a result.

PS: sorry for the smileys, but I believe the new grammar is about to be recognised as acceptable alternative folkspeak.

I hope it's not covered by the same team from the BBC.

That was the worst TV coverage of an event that I have ever seen, and the rain was no excuse.

Bearing in mind that the real stars of the Pageant were the boats, it would have (would of ? cool.png ) been nice if just one of the team had some knowledge and/or interest in the boats themselves.

I felt sympathy with the likes of Sophie Rayworth and Clare Balding who were involved in that fiasco. I understand that the producer, who should have (should of ? cool.png ) been sacked, was actually promoted as a result.

PS: sorry for the smileys, but I believe the new grammar is about to be recognised as acceptable alternative folkspeak.

[rant]

Even after all this time I get hot under the collar when I think of the Diamond Jubilee pageant. I think of all the work that went on preparing the boats and writing a history of each of them, the expense and effort of taking them there. All that followed by a pathetic commentary which showed that none of the commentators had looked at the information provided, even if they had been given it. They thought that President might have been one of those barges that carried cargo and supposed that it was under the tent thing. That last sentence wasn't a quote but they used words to that effect.

[/rant]

Nick

Edited by Theo
"hot" not "hit"

The River Pageant to celebrate the Queen’s 90th birthday will be held on June 11th​ .......

Yet Her Majesty's birthday was on APRIL 21st.

Dave

It is the Queens Official birthday that is this year is on June 11, not her actual personal birthday, which is April 21.

Go on, enlighten me.

She was diagnosed schizophrenic and committed to a mental hospital but subsequently invited to spend her twilight years at Buck Palace with son and daughter-in-law

I'm not sure which is worse.

<<YAWN>>

She was diagnosed schizophrenic and committed to a mental hospital but subsequently invited to spend her twilight years at Buck Palace with son and daughter-in-law

I'm not sure which is worse.

That's a bigger yawn !!!!!

Darren