Shower waste pump tripping out

Suzie_q

Featured Posts

The original Suzie_Q went off to the boat to clean and prep yesterday (God I love that woman!!) and found that everytime she turns the shower waste pump on it trips the breaker on the electics panel.

No noise, pump never starts just a slight pause when she turns it on then trips. There is no float switch just a manual switch in the bathroom. Was no problem last year and just appears to have stopped.

I am going over to the boat at lunchtime, so any help in diagnosing would be appriciated.

If it's not a seized pump then the connections might be lying in a pool of water. But I agree that a seized pump is most likely.

Edited for autoincorrect

Edited by WotEver

Starting to think that myself. I intend to take the plate off the front of the impella? and see if its blocked up or if I can turn it over with a spanner.

If not sounds like a new pump is needed. sad.png

Starting to think that myself. I intend to take the plate off the front of the impella? and see if its blocked up or if I can turn it over with a spanner.

If you need a new pump, then get a Whale Gulper 220 which is the industry standard. Totally reliable.

What make is it?. Don't tell me it's a Whale Gulper, I thought thhose things were bombproof

Edited by Slim

Impeller shower drain pumps need a very good filter before them. My very own invention, the green Scotch scouring pad stuck over the plug hole will halt the passage of pubic hair and everything.

• Greenie 1

Impeller shower drain pumps need a very good filter before them. My very own invention, the green Scotch scouring pad stuck over the plug hole will halt the passage of pubic hair and everything.

Now why didn't I think of that.....glare.gif

Men...don't usually have this problem :o)

If only that were true!

its unlikely (unless your pump has active electronics) that there would be a short so I would look at it mechanically.

Even if it's connections were submerged in water, it would not be the water that would make the breaker trip... Rust however...

Edited by RubyTuesday

There must have been a reason why it stopped working? Perhaps the motor had seized and turning it released it?

If it stops again just get yourself a Whale Gulper 220 for years of trouble-free use. I don't really understand why anyone would have any other shower waste pump on board.

Edited by Claude