Smallest compost toilet

Featured Posts

That's my friends site. The quality of his products is very good. He set up, because he wasn't happy with the quality of the separators available. I've got all the bits to make one, but need aroundtuit

To finish it off.

Regards kris

Ps Peter himself and his family live on a river class shortboat "lune"

Edited by kris88

Ps Peter himself and his family live on a river class shortboat "lune"

Hi Kris, just saw your line under your posting here, do you know how long for they've owned "LUNE", as I have some photos of her from a sales ad of about 5 years ago, did they buy her then, or didn't they managed to sell her at the time, and decided to keep her ?

Peter.

I'm not shure Peter, I think they have had the boat over 5years. I know it's got a lovely 3 cylinder Russell Newbury In.

Regards kris

Thanks for this info Kris, if I get to the U.K. and I'm in their area, I'll go to see them.

Peter.

This looks to be better than the Kildwick Kraft 380; cheaper too but a little longer.

http://www.simploo.co.uk/product/simploo-waterless-composting-toilet-compost-toilets-eco-loo/

They are good too, but I didn't list this one as the OP was asking for the smallest compost toilet.

If however he has the space for a "simploo" that would be a good choice too of course, and as you say cheaper.

Peter.

• 3 weeks later...

As someone who has sold, used and installed compost toilets for years, I can add that the smallest toilet for boats is the Natures Head, which we can supply if people want one. The Air Head is similar in size, but is now not as good and availability of these from the manufacturer is becoming a problem.

These companies, and Separett, who make the Villa and Weekend, have spent years developing and refining their toilets. Whilst the Simploo looks smart, there are many reasons why it won't work well as it is made by someone who tried to copy what he saw as expensive toilets, but without understanding that they are expensive to pay for the R & D and development, which he hasn't done. I rest my case . . .

• 1 year later...

This is about the cheapest one I could find on line and its what everyone who composts seems to use :rolleyes:

bin liner.png

7 minutes ago, Iza said:

Having only read the one from him on this topic, I am just saying what he has said about the Simploo I am in agreement with. It is the worst purchase I have made for my boat.

Fine. hes not a very nice man by all accounts. Well actualy that's an understatement. :cheers:

• Greenie 1

I like the canal shop man he did a great deal on my separate villa years ago  and the same thing is going on my bathtub. I ripped out the pumpout and wouldnt dream of fitting a cassette loo as they are far to much work to use, I mean you have to empty them sooooooo often what a pain in the axxxe to say the least

17 minutes ago, Iza said:

Sounds like a blanket statement right there 'it's what everyone who composts seems to use' hmmm ... cheep doesn't make it good!

Use what you want, myself I use a well tried and tested device that can be emptied in many hundreds in fact thousands of places into a sewage system throughout the country, in seconds with no problems or storage issues.

8 minutes ago, peterboat said:

I like the canal shop man he did a great deal on my separate villa years ago  and the same thing is going on my bathtub. I ripped out the pumpout and wouldnt dream of fitting a cassette loo as they are far to much work to use, I mean you have to empty them sooooooo often what a pain in the axxxe to say the least

Peter liking Canal shop man is NOT very PC now is it? :D

1 hour ago, Alan de Enfield said:

Composting Toilets - not flushed with success.

Composting Toilets - the 'turd' way 

1st way - Cassettes

2nd way - Pump-Out

3rd way - Drying Bucket (aka Composting)

Composting Toilets - 'you're taking the piss'

4th you can now cook it