Great canal journeys on now ch 4 from Sweden

Featured Posts

Cruising with fenders down... perhaps it's not such sacrilege after all.

As I mentioned in another thread as well on our website, they have to have them dangling into the water because they are just birch branches that would become brittle if they were allowed to dry out.

Incidentally if you're thinking of going on the Juno or one of the other historic boats (we went on the Diana) the more expensive the cabin the higher up it is but also the smaller it is. The most expensive ones on the top deck are really really small. The cheapest, on the lowest deck, are about 3 times as big and are also much better equipped.

She is starting to look frail and more unsteady though....

Yep - it's very poignant at times. I'm guessing part of this is ticking stuff off the bucket list while she still can.

He always comes across as pompous and patronising to Pru IMO. The gender role thing they play out seems totally anachronistic to me, although I see it a lot on the canals, sadly: he drives, she 'helps'; he offers his wisdom, she listens, attentively; he orders her around, then shouts at her when she gets something wrong. It's not something I can relate to at all.

They both look increasingly frail.

He always comes across as pompous and patronising to Pru IMO. The gender role thing they play out seems totally anachronistic to me, although I see it a lot on the canals, sadly: he drives, she 'helps'; he offers his wisdom, she listens, attentively; he orders her around, then shouts at her when she gets something wrong. It's not something I can relate to at all.

They both look increasingly frail.

I know what you mean,I'd punch Paul if he treated me like that !I steer into the locks & he does the hard work ?There are times when I ask for his advice as I'm blind in one eye & short sighted in the other-this tends to be if there's a strange curve leading into the lock or an evil bywash.Doesn't happen very often but he'd only give me advice if I asked him for it.

Was interesting.

Very nice boat.

I think it was made by a firm called Grand Banks......they are rather lovely....looked over one a few years ago at a London Boat Show....sadly lacked the £250,000+ needed to buy one.......

Cheers

Gareth

Was interesting.

Very nice boat.

From New York too originally if the lettering on the transom is to be believed.....or did you mean Juno, which was very nice too. Edited by MJG

Did anyone notice the complete lack of "No Mooring", "Private keep off" signs?

In fact not very many signs at all!

No dog walkers, just a couple of people of bikes!

Nipper