Dumpers...

MtB

Featured Posts

Like others, they are beginning to annoy me!

For the last week I have been moored in a row of about 8 or 9 boats, of which only two are occupied. I recognise all of them, and they all move once a fortnight.

Not sure why this annoys me as they are all fully compliant. Maybe this is the result of CRT trippling the price of their on line moorings the last few years...

ninja.gif

Its annoying because they are taking up valuable visitor moorings but not really making use of them, whilst liveaboards are stuck further out going up and down a long plank lots of times every day and cant get to spend money at the local shops and pubs?

.................Dave

Owning two boats (both with home moorings) clearly annoys YOU. Why?

it doesn't, I was querying your initial post, as obviously one of your boats is on the same stretch as all these annoying boats.

.....posted from a stretch with zero boats visible behind me for as far as the eye can see, and one boat 100 yards in front who moored up at dusk today, then a good 1/4 mile to a bend with no more boats.....

Edited by matty40s

Like others, they are beginning to annoy me!

For the last week I have been moored in a row of about 8 or 9 boats, of which only two are occupied. I recognise all of them, and they all move once a fortnight.

Not sure why this annoys me as they are all fully compliant. Maybe this is the result of CRT trippling the price of their on line moorings the last few years...

ninja.gif

Are these similar boats you believe should move more often? Maybe they have...

Are these similar boats you believe should move more often? Maybe they have...

Nope. As I said, they are fully compliant.

As Dave says, it's persistently irritating to arrive at 14 day VMs to find them fully occupied with unoccupied boats. That's all I'm saying. There is no answer. I was just havin' a moan!

As Dave says, it's persistently irritating to arrive at 14 day VMs to find them fully occupied with unoccupied boats. That's all I'm saying. There is no answer. I was just havin' a moan!

Tee hee. We're leaving Thrupp tomorrow. PM me if you want a space...bugger...the canal tide charts say the Cherwell is 4ft above. You might have to double up. :)

I'd have a moan too Mike, but if they're compliant, then it's ok. The good side is that there's no-one on board, so they're quiet. Much better than a load of barking dogs, late night engine running and the screaming hideous families from hell with unruly kids.

I KNOW I'm going to go to hell myself, for views like these, but I don't care. I've been moored next to similar and been very quick to move on.

So there.

• Greenie 1

.....posted from a stretch with zero boats visible behind me for as far as the eye can see, and one boat 100 yards in front who moored up at dusk today, then a good 1/4 mile to a bend with no more boats.....

This has been quite a normal situation for me ever since I took up playing bagpipes.......

why is it. other boaters .worry about other boaters .is it becuse they got nothing better to do ..if you cant not moor up becuse some other boat is there ..tuff move on ...if they are legal and within permitted mooring times .. but i surpose some people feel better when they have had a moan

• Greenie 1

I know your exact gripe. There are 2/3 boats that do the rounds between Sawley and Zouch every few weeks and I never see the people on the boats. Half the time when I, or other liveaboards come to Kegworth VM there is no room and we have to moor on the river bank. Riles me up when we only want to be there for an hour or two whilst we unload stuff to take to our storage which is a pain when having to walk much further than planned and over a boarding plank

I've not heard of that expression before. I've got visions of a big yellow truck with a bucket on the front and a flashing yellow light on top tied to a bollard.

No neither had I..I just had to look it up...guess Mtb having a bad day...cheer up Mike springs a cummins then there will be lots of people about and you'll be looking for a mooring space with peace n quiet.

We've moved from moaning about non-compliant boats to compliant boats??? Good grief.

The subtext of this thread is that I don't like anyone who uses their boat in a different way to me.

Did it occur that non-livaboards might prefer to be out on the cut and seeing a wider area than marina moorings offer?

Edited by Dave_P
  • Greenie 2

I've not heard of that expression before. I've got visions of a big yellow truck with a bucket on the front and a flashing yellow light on top tied to a bollard.

Exactly what I thought when I saw the title! biggrin.png

I've 'dumped' my boat this week in order to take some plastering work in London. If it's annoying people where it is, I really don't care. tongue.png