wifi

Dr Bradley

Featured Posts

I used to have the three all you can eat plan and it was great. I was taken off it in September so am much more reliant on PubWifi. So could we have a thread showing which pubs have it and how good it is.

In Penkridge I found a pub with a good fast signal. In a couple of hours I could download a whole months of programmes (sorry can't remember the name but it is down on the main road opposite Sainsbury's).

At Newbold I tried my phone at the Barley Mow and it was so poor I didn't even bother taking the computer in a second time. Same experience tonight. In three hours I have downloaded a few minutes of tv, no complete programme.

So a thread where the opening post contains details of good and poor wifi pubs around the system would be useful.

Anywhere opposite the Millhouse at Braunston.

Outside the Mitre and New Inn(?) at Shardlow.

The New Inn at Norton Junction only offers microwave technology on a sparing basis for the frozen meals.

Pubs offer this service to make you stay longer, buy more beer, more food, and come back more often.

• Greenie 1

I found a pub with good Wi-Fi and told some bloke on a forum who camped on it downloading all his tv programmes. First it became rubbish broadband because of the new traffic, then the pub landlord 'was as taken off it' by his Wi-Fi provider. ;)

To be balanced, its a bit rum of mobile broadband suppliers to advertise how good they are for live streaming, etc, and then quickly impose download limits when they find there's a big demand for it. However, the 3 one plan clearly went this way due to the many who took that 'no limit' as a challenge. Quite why they were not better at identifying those who were spoiling it for everyone else I'm not sure. Not everyone has lost their one plan though, and there are many others plans around which could suit the OP's usage pattern.... perhaps with a bit of moderation?

Of course it doesnt have to be a pub. If you were to traverse the wonderful Oxford ditch and stop in Lower Heyford ( extensive moorings ) you could go to the Fab Bistro " Kizzies " and sit inside or in the lovely canal side garden and enjoy proper fresh realy home made food, teas, coffee etc and of course beer ice cold lager and wines etc or a glass of pimms in the summer. Wi fi is free to boaters who are not too tight to buy something, tight sods will be ejected biggrin.png

Tim

Of course it doesnt have to be a pub. If you were to traverse the wonderful Oxford ditch and stop in Lower Heyford ( extensive moorings ) you could go to the Fab Bistro " Kizzies " and sit inside or in the lovely canal side garden and enjoy proper fresh realy home made food, teas, coffee etc and of course beer ice cold lager and wines etc or a glass of pimms in the summer. Wi fi is free to boaters who are not too tight to buy something, tight sods will be ejected biggrin.png

Tim

But do they serve black pudding on their breakfasts?