Any thoughts on this boat please

Toby knight

Featured Posts

Interesting. Reputable builder, fit-out looks quite classy, externally graceful, plenty of space, plenty of kit. Portholes are big enough to give ample light but small enough to prevent all but the most anorexic burglar from getting in.

That said, she's neither nowt nor summat. Very trad shape, but modern engine, but (again) trad through-roof exhaust in imitation of a vintage engine chimney, though of course in a different place. Another view if this of course would be, offering traditional lines with the benefit of modern power unit. Oh, and why is there not (unless I missed it) a picture of the vaunted under-deck space?

Good reliable brokers too, they sold our last boat, but do not expect dramatic price reduction: the price looks about right, and that's how ABNB operate.

EDIT: sorry, there is an underdeck view, extreme bottom right, I missed it first time around.

Edited by Athy

Look very nice and not overpriced for the year and specification.

I would do some investigation into the electrical 'set-up'.It has obviously worked for the existing owner but for me questions :

4kw inverter(s) can potentially draw 400 amps from the batteries.

You only have 2 x 235ah batteries ( when new - they may be less than 50% of that now, who knows)

Generator 900w will not power the microwave, it will not run the battery charger, or the washing machine

Battery charger (am I reading it right) Victron 240 amp charger

It appears to be geared up as a '240v boat',. it has 17 240v sockets but only 2 12v phone charging sockets,

Edited by Alan de Enfield

not sure about there being no conventional rudder. how does it steer whilst in neutral

It won't, but then nether does a boat with a rudder have any steering when in neutral. The advantage of this one may be that it looks like it has steering in reverse ... I stand to be corrected tho.

It won't, but then nether does a boat with a rudder have any steering when in neutral. The advantage of this one may be that it looks like it has steering in reverse ... I stand to be corrected tho.

You have obviously not steered a D Harris boat

You do have a little steering in neutral, even with the boat stationary.

When doing a "hover" a good swing of the rudder can push the back over quite a bit which can be really useful.

..............Dave

Assuming the lump on the tug deck is permanent and houses the generator it really doesn't do anything for the overall appearance of this boat. (In my opinion, of course!).

As has been said being limited to 6Kg gas containers rather than the usual 13Kg is a pain. You will end up paying far more for your gas, as the relative cost of the refills is out of all proportion to the fact one size actually holds less than half as much gas as the other. Of course you could extend the gas locker upwards to allow bigger bottles, so you had two large lumps at the front of the boat rather than one!

15mm Plating? dont think there are many that thick?

you'd be surprised how thick they can be out there...!!

Watch this space................

Ours has 15mm. Probably unnecessary, but gives a nice warm fuzzy feeling.

Tiller shake or just them "replica" rivets on the move making it feel so "fuzzy" ........???

Well, you'll see her tomorrow so you'll know much more then, but she looks like a decent build that has been well cared for, and ABNB have a good reputation (I bought my boat through them and wouldn't hesitate to use them again) so you're off to a good start! Looks and layout are intensely personal, so what counts there, after you decide she's lovely, is whether she's going to appeal to someone else when you want to move on. I hope you enjoy yourself tomorrow; good luck - whatever you decide.

Forgive my non compliance - never served in the navy - closest I came was as a coastal oarsman.

Never got to grips with this; classic cars included - ships I can quite understand - especially if named after a female; but a teeny weeny six and a bit foot wide steel shell.....?

Don't get me wrong - live on mine and love it to bits - but can't come to terms with "she"................

Cue ...............................

Forgive my non compliance - never served in the navy - closest I came was as a coastal oarsman.Never got to grips with this; classic cars included - ships I can quite understand - especially if named after a female; but a teeny weeny six and a bit foot wide steel shell.....?Don't get me wrong - live on mine and love it to bits - but can't come to terms with "she"................Cue ...............................

And, to be fair, even for Sea Dogs some just don't get under the skin enough to earn the honorific - however big they are. What's in a name, eh? :)