Beacon boat coming on the second hand market.

Ally

Featured Posts

One of our past customers has come to the decision they must sell their boat, a reluctant but practical decision. This will now be the second of our boats to go up for sale on the second hand market.

It is currently being sold privately, following being valued. If no private sale is made, it will go to brokerage next year.

They have requested I do not detail which boat/owner it is openly, to maintain some privacy, but if anyone is genuinely interested, please pm me, and I will reply with a link to the details.

Please would anyone receiving these details from me, also respect their privacy and not repeat the details here or elsewhere.

I am nothing to do with the sale, details, or anything else, I am purely helping them get a bit of a word out.

Thanks.

I don't know if you are aware but a full listing of the boat complete with pictures and price is on their

blog, so I can't understand the secrecy though of course I understand your position.They even freely ask

for phone numbers and email addresses of potential buyers.Respect their privacy indeed.Apollo Duck?

One of our past customers has come to the decision they must sell their boat, a reluctant but practical decision. This will now be the second of our boats to go up for sale on the second hand market.
It is currently being sold privately, following being valued. If no private sale is made, it will go to brokerage next year.
They have requested I do not detail which boat/owner it is openly, to maintain some privacy, but if anyone is genuinely interested, please pm me, and I will reply with a link to the details.
Please would anyone receiving these details from me, also respect their privacy and not repeat the details here or elsewhere.
I am nothing to do with the sale, details, or anything else, I am purely helping them get a bit of a word out.
Thanks.

Edited by CDS

I don't know if you are aware but a full listing of the boat complete with pictures and price is on their

blog, so I can't understand the secrecy though of course I understand your position.They even freely ask

for phone numbers and email addresses of potential buyers.Respect their privacy indeed.Apollo Duck?

yeah, i had a look at the blog a few days ago having seen a for sale link on facebook that one of my friends liked - i dont know the sellers so they obviously dont care about privacy

They do seem a bit concerned about 'non genuine' buyers wasting their time though so this is probably the reason

It didnt have a price then though

and i have since forgotten the boats name - otherwise i'd go back and look, and post it here :)

yeah, i had a look at the blog a few days ago having seen a for sale link on facebook that one of my friends liked - i dont know the sellers so they obviously dont care about privacy

They do seem a bit concerned about 'non genuine' buyers wasting their time though so this is probably the reason

It didnt have a price then though

and i have since forgotten the boats name - otherwise i'd go back and look, and post it here smile.png

£75,000 ,how about some crowd funding like the bloke on the cycling repair thread lol

It looks to me that Beacon who did the fit out are trying to create a bit of exclusivity,

only the second one to come to market etc.If you listen carefully you will hear all those

Hudson Owners laughing.

It looks to me that Beacon who did the fit out are trying to create a bit of exclusivity,

only the second one to come to market etc.If you listen carefully you will hear all those

Hudson Owners laughing.

I dont think so since they stopped trading. More likely Ally's just trying to do the owners a favour.

Possibly the owner is trying to create a bit of exclusivity and using Ally for some free advertising. Beacon are quality boats though, maybe there are people who would jump at the chance of owning one - i had a look at the blog just out of interest even though i'm not really in the market any more.

I just like boats with all portholes. This one looks very new & bland for 6years use though

Not sure i understand your hudson comments - they have an actual club for owners dont they?

I dont think so since they stopped trading. More likely Ally's just trying to do the owners a favour.

Possibly the owner is trying to create a bit of exclusivity and using Ally for some free advertising. Beacon are quality boats though, maybe there are people who would jump at the chance of owning one - i had a look at the blog just out of interest even though i'm not really in the market any more.

I just like boats with all portholes. This one looks very new & bland for 6years use though

Not sure i understand your hudson comments - they have an actual club for owners dont they?

I know they stopped trading,I meant exclusivity on behalf of the owner.My friend owns Willow Too

and he seems happy with it.Bit tongue in cheek regarding the pride of the Hudson Owner,didn't know

they had an owners club.

It is on their blog, yes. I'm not aware of it on apollo duck, but like I said, the sale is not to do with me. I offered to put it here in good will, to help them out. It is a fact that it's the second to come to be sold on, simply that.

Whilst we were closing, we had many people asking to be let know if any should come up for sale. Thus I put the word out if appropriate.

I think some of the photos used are from our website at completion, thus the unlived in look. She started life with an L Shaped dinette, but that has since been altered, and one or two other things may be changed also I believe, though she appears much as we built her.

I was requested to let people know the blog details by pm, not openly, and I will continue to honour my word.

I know they stopped trading,I meant exclusivity on behalf of the owner.My friend owns Willow Too

and he seems happy with it.Bit tongue in cheek regarding the pride of the Hudson Owner,didn't know

they had an owners club.

Come on, the first rule of the HOC - you don't talk etc etc. If you are lucky; one of the Butlers will talk if you ply them with Pimms.

Edited by mark99

This is a very strange thread. Surely to sell a boat you need to 'get it out there'?, not make it a secret.

It's not my call, but I can put anyone genuinely interested in touch, and give them the details, by pm.

If it was my boat it would be out there in every way, but it's not my boat. I understand their reasoning at this point however.

This is a very strange thread. Surely to sell a boat you need to 'get it out there'?, not make it a secret.

It is a strange thread,first thing I thought was it was out of place on here, "put it on here in goodwill to help them out"

maybe its the vetting process that annoys.I hate that secret squirrel rubbish.

Come on, the first rule of the HOC - you don't talk etc etc. If you are lucky; one of the Butlers will talk if you ply them with Pimms.

I caught a member on the water point at Willowbridge Marina looking at the Bentley,alas the ice will be broken now I thought,

he looked at me scowled and retreated to the replica boatman's cabin on his replica tug.I blame my wretched Glasgow accent

If people aren't in the market for a new boat what is the problem?

If they are and are genuinely interested then PM Ally as asked.

Some people seem to be getting a bit out of shape over nowt.

I do sometimes get the impression that certain people could start an argument when alone in a room. Quite simply, if you may be interested in this boat, send Ally a personal message and she will give you the details. If you are not, then why should the mode of advertisement concern you? You could trottle off and do something more interesting with your day - may I suggest playing with the traffic?

• Greenie 1

What a circuitous route to look at a boat... Not knowing what Beacon Boats produced whern they were in business, and with no desire to read yet more boating blogs (sorry, but they're usually so boring - a bit like those unlamented Christmas card round robins - which I still send because I'm old-tech), I am nonetheless on the lookout for our next boat. So I did have a look. And yes, it does seem to be a very nice example of that sort of thing. (It's a bit like our present boat, so it's actually not what I'm after for my next boat.) It would have been so much easier just to say something like "immaculate-looking and well-specc-ed 58' semi-trad for sale" - and I wouldn't have need to look (because for boat number 6 I'm after a narrow-beam version of a 'Dutch' barge).