Beacon boat coming on the second hand market.

Ally

Featured Posts

What a circuitous route to look at a boat... Not knowing what Beacon Boats produced whern they were in business, and with no desire to read yet more boating blogs (sorry, but they're usually so boring - a bit like those unlamented Christmas card round robins - which I still send because I'm old-tech), I am nonetheless on the lookout for our next boat. So I did have a look. And yes, it does seem to be a very nice example of that sort of thing. (It's a bit like our present boat, so it's actually not what I'm after for my next boat.) It would have been so much easier just to say something like "immaculate-looking and well-specc-ed 58' semi-trad for sale" - and I wouldn't have need to look (because for boat number 6 I'm after a narrow-beam version of a 'Dutch' barge).

Did you want me to say that.

• 1 month later...

I'm quite happy for people to advertise boats for sale in whatever capacity that suits them. I just wish they'd do it in the correct place on the forum. There is a dedicated sub-forum for advertising boats or anything else that's for sale. If we all posted items for sale in 'General Boating' it would not only circumvent and make a nonsense of the approval process but would also turn the forum into another Apollo duck.

Edit: it's not a big deal, just courtesy really. We are offered a free place to advertise boats here. Is it really too much to ask that they are advertised in the right place rather than where we think most people will see the post?

Edited by blackrose

I'm quite happy for people to advertise boats for sale in whatever capacity that suits them. I just wish they'd do it in the correct place on the forum. There is a dedicated sub-forum for advertising boats or anything else that's for sale. If we all posted items for sale in 'General Boating' it would not only circumvent and make a nonsense of the approval process but would also turn the forum into another Apollo duck.

I never even consider now what section anything is posted in.

I just click on 'New Content' and get presented with new posts. The only real reason to put them in FS is because technically such ads. need mod approval, and don't appear until they are.

I never even consider now what section anything is posted in.

I just click on 'New Content' and get presented with new posts. The only real reason to put them in FS is because technically such ads. need mod approval, and don't appear until they are.

Yes, and circumventing the approval process is part of the issue.

Next time I want to advertise something for me or one of my friends,shall I just put it in general boating? If everyone else is doing that then why not?

As I said, no biggie, I just don't understand why people do it.

I do likewise. The only time that I give any thought to these sections is on the rare occasions that I start a new topic. Otherwise, "View new content" is saved amongst my frequently-visited web sites and I just click on the reference to take me straight there.

Yes, and circumventing the approval process is part of the issue.

Next time I want to advertise something for me or one of my friends,shall I just put it in general boating? If everyone else is doing that then why not?

Not bothered either way TBH, if the mods. are concerned about it they will deal with it I guess.