Missing boat - Holly - NOW FOUND!

Pie Eater

Featured Posts

Mayalld. Boatchad.

For goodness' sake pack it in. Or do it in private

If you feel that our discussion should be taken off-list, why do you feel the need to parade your pronouncement on the issue in public?

If you feel that our discussion should be taken off-list, why do you feel the need to parade your pronouncement on the issue in public?

oooo oooooh. cos the argument is wandering off topic and posted in a public forum. tho I found the first couple of posts mildly interesting I skipped the later ones.

You know reading this topic with all the talk of the mental state of Mr King i sit here in the countryside on the Llangollen and i just silently say to myself there but for the grace of god........ I don`t need to steal a boat as i have my own. I haven`t the pressures of a land based life that cause people to have perhaps a mental breakdown. IF this man is ill, and to leave your name address etc and hope to diissapear on a boat something is going on, he has my sympathy.

Everyone has a right to their views on his punishment but just like our english weather we have no control over what this might be so lets just be thankful the boat company has its property back and if Mr King needs help he hopefully will now get it.

I would guess the boat will be craned out as the insurance company will want the boat back in service asap to lessen the claim against it.

My sister is a criminal psychologist. She very rarely cures criminals of their illegal activiites, but at least they now know why they commit the offences :)

The Sunday papers have been full of stuff about the plight of mentally ill people, I am somewhat disgusted at this thread constantly discussing the state of Mr King, I dont suppose some of you members are thinking of proposing that the Mental Health Bill should go ahead unopposed and achieve its draconian powers which will make things a lot worse for many people.

There's ONE FACT about Mr King - and that is that his state of mind hasnt yet been established. So all this stuff about him being mentally ill is just not on. I indicated some time back that the fact Mr King was painting the boat in different colurs (it had already recieved a second colour scheme when it was found) it didnt indicate that his state of mind was in that predisposition. I could be wrong however. One thing that is definite is that this thread is no longer about Holly, but a self-appointed kangaroo court passing its verdict.

Thank you fender, you've put it much better than I was trying to do. Lets keep this topic about Holly and leave any judgements about Mr King to those who are qualified to make them. Remember, we are still pre trial here...

Jon

Thank you fender, you've put it much better than I was trying to do. Lets keep this topic about Holly and leave any judgements about Mr King to those who are qualified to make them. Remember, we are still pre trial here...

Jon

I guess in reality we can do no more than wait to see what the police say. Useless speculation does no one any good especially this forum

Tony :)

edit typo

Edited by tony collins

I guess in reality we can do no more than wait to see what the police say. Useless speculation does no one any good especially this forum

Tony :)

Very unlikely that we will see what the police say here - except second/thirdhand.

Hopefully, Trish will come back very soon with a report on the current position with regards to both Mr King and Holly, from both her firms position and the position of the police.

It is the absence of news that breeds this "useless speculation".

Regards

Pete

www.thecanalshop.com

FINAL CHAPTER OF HOLLYS' RECOVERY

On the morning of Friday 20th March, Paul Foskett received some very credible information, of a possible sighting of a boat believed to be HOLLY, in or around the Banbury area. This reported sighting was no more than 1 or 2 days old.

Paul decided that the best course of action was for himself, and Adam, to travel to the Banbury area and cover the whole of the Oxford canal. Adam started at the North end of the Oxford Canal, and Paul at the South end, both handing out posters to all businesses in the area and also to any passing boaters.

It was sheer good luck, that a gentleman that had met Paul at 'The Rock of Gibraltar ' public house and was heading North towards Banbury , he spotted a gentleman painting a boat matching the description of Holly, on the towpath at bridge 213 near to Pigeons Lock. He telephoned Trish in the office immediately.

Adam and Paul were at this time talking to two BW workers near to Banbury. Once Trish had the news, she relayed it to Paul and Adam who then jumped into their car and drove to Pigeons Lock. They met the gentleman that had passed on the information re Holly at bridge 213, and he pointed out the suspected vessel.

Paul and Adam then casually walked past and confirmed that the boat was Holly. Once this was established, Paul telephoned 999, and both Adam and Paul, detained the gentleman on the boat until the police arrived and arrested him.

The gentleman arrested at the scene, will be appearing in a Cheshire court this Friday.

At this stage, we have to be careful with information pending the court case. Once the court case has been concluded, we will be happy to pass on further information and pictures.

Paul Foskett - Managing Director, Adam Foskett - Manager and Trish Labedz - Office Administrator, would like to pass on their thanks and gratitude to everybody in the Canal community. You were our eyes and ears in areas of the canal system that we were unfamiliar with. Without your help, the job would have been much more difficult.

So a very big thank you to you all.

Paul Foskett

Managing Director

Middlewich Narrowboats

Pictures to follow

FINAL CHAPTER OF HOLLYS' RECOVERY

On the morning of Friday 20th March, Paul Foskett received some very credible information, of a possible sighting of a boat believed to be HOLLY, in or around the Banbury area. This reported sighting was no more than 1 or 2 days old.

Paul decided that the best course of action was for himself, and Adam, to travel to the Banbury area and cover the whole of the Oxford canal. Adam started at the North end of the Oxford Canal, and Paul at the South end, both handing out posters to all businesses in the area and also to any passing boaters.

It was sheer good luck, that a gentleman that had met Paul at 'The Rock of Gibraltar ' public house and was heading North towards Banbury , he spotted a gentleman painting a boat matching the description of Holly, on the towpath at bridge 213 near to Pigeons Lock. He telephoned Trish in the office immediately.

Adam and Paul were at this time talking to two BW workers near to Banbury. Once Trish had the news, she relayed it to Paul and Adam who then jumped into their car and drove to Pigeons Lock. They met the gentleman that had passed on the information re Holly at bridge 213, and he pointed out the suspected vessel.

Paul and Adam then casually walked past and confirmed that the boat was Holly. Once this was established, Paul telephoned 999, and both Adam and Paul, detained the gentleman on the boat until the police arrived and arrested him.

The gentleman arrested at the scene, will be appearing in a Cheshire court this Friday.

At this stage, we have to be careful with information pending the court case. Once the court case has been concluded, we will be happy to pass on further information and pictures.

Paul Foskett - Managing Director, Adam Foskett - Manager and Trish Labedz - Office Administrator, would like to pass on their thanks and gratitude to everybody in the Canal community. You were our eyes and ears in areas of the canal system that we were unfamiliar with. Without your help, the job would have been much more difficult.

So a very big thank you to you all.

Paul Foskett

Managing Director

Middlewich Narrowboats

Pictures to follow

Did Adam and Paul sit on him or just detain him with polite conversation?

Thanks, Trish. that satisfies some of my curiosity.

Nick

Hi

On a more personal note, I would like to that Jon and Nick for their patience.

They have helped me each step of the way with the forum and making posters etc. I still can't get pictures up - I have sent them to Jon, I'm sure he will post them as soon as he can.

If anybody on the forums is passing thru Middlewich, please stop in and say 'hello' - the kettle is always on, and it would be lovely to put a name to the faces.

I intend to keep reading the forums, you never know I may join in again - it's very addictive!!

I will be in touch on this one again, as soon as we have anything to report. I promise we will let you know as and when we can, each step of the way. We will put pictures of Holly on here as soon as she is restored.

Take Care - Happy Boating!!!!!!

Trish xxxx

Sorry Malc, do you know who found or reported the boat?

Do you know how they were aware?

It's a shame that Richard doesn't get all the glory, as he was back home checking out his licence suspicions, but would have been straight back and the outcome would have been the same.

The police could have been called by someone Richard was speaking to.

It was not found straight away, as everyone wasted 3 weeks looking for a green boat. Since then other media involvement has certainly increased, but you have no way of knowing if the eventual call was down to TV, newsprint or internet. All have contributed to increase public awareness.

I fail to see how you can make such a statement without personal knowledge of circumstances.

Typical sancitimonous pedantry from our own 'Blind Lemon Mole' :)

Did the person who took the boat have any mobile Pc on board or any other form of communication to enable them to see what was happening?

Things like this no one will know until investigations have been conducted.

PS Can we not continue this thread unless there is something essential that is party to the circumstances?

Womble versus Mole celebrity deathmatch. That's something I'd buy cable to see.

They're on Harry Hill's TV Burp this Saturday, so I wouldn't rush out and buy cable. (The DVD will be given away free with The Sunday Post the following day)

Hi

Just to let you know.

Holly will be craned out at 9am from Gunpowder Wharf near Kidlington on Thursday 26 April, and then transported back to Cheshire and put back into the water at Wincham Wharf where she will then be brought back to the boatyard.

We will then be able to start work on her restoration.

Trish