Missing boat - Holly - NOW FOUND!

Pie Eater

Featured Posts

David King appeared at South Cheshire Magistrates Court this morning, charged with stealing a conveyance. he did not submit a plea. His solicitor asked for more time, because it was an unusual case and becase of the value of the boat. Mr King was released on bail, and the case was adjourned until June 25th.

Edited by adam1uk

We went back along the towpath today and took the digital camera. I have a couple of pictures - not REAL interesting or anything - the ones I took on my phone were before the redesigned cratch was removed but I can't retreive those until I figure out how to make the email settings on my phone work or until i am in the company of someone with a laptop so I can send them bluetoooth or infrared. The ones today just show her as she sits now with a few test spots of green applied, and the blue fill cap - or maybe pumpout cap of the first blue we saw in the Malc pictures. I also took a picture of the discarded cratch in the yard.

I'll not post them unless someone is interested or if it is felt that it would be a problem. <_<

I guess I'll wait till the big cheese has spoken.

Edited by Starry

Just a note in passing!

I returned from a cruise today and saw that Alvechurch Boatyard still had the picture of missing Holly still up in there window.

It seems that nobody had told them the boat had been found!

I'm sure it is an oversite, but people who have helped, no mater how small, still need to be informed of the outcome, or otherwise there help, heaven forbid, next time will not be so forthcoming!

Surely hire companies can email each other?

Just a note in passing!

I returned from a cruise today and saw that Alvechurch Boatyard still had the picture of missing Holly still up in there window.

I'm sure it is an oversite, but people who have helped, no mater how small, still need to be informed of the outcome, or otherwise there help, heaven forbid, next time will not be so forthcoming!

Hi Nipper

I'm quite concerned that Alvechurch weren't informed - I personally went thru' my list and emailed everyone. Inevitably, it would seem that some were missed - in this case I apologise.

We, at Middlewich Narrowboats are so grateful for ALL the help that we were given, we never intentionally missed anyone out. I'm sure people will understand that we have been absolutely 'snowed under' since the boat was found.

Trish

Just a note in passing!

It is well known in the public domain that Holly has been found.

Your point is as bad as your spelling.

Pete

www.thecanalshop.com

Hi Nipper

I'm quite concerned that Alvechurch weren't informed - I personally went thru' my list and emailed everyone. Inevitably, it would seem that some were missed - in this case I apologise.

We, at Middlewich Narrowboats are so grateful for ALL the help that we were given, we never intentionally missed anyone out. I'm sure people will understand that we have been absolutely 'snowed under' since the boat was found.

Trish

Hi Trish.

Certainly no apology needed lass!

As I said I'm sure it is an oversight somewhere in the communication chain.

As I took down the poster for the Alvechurch staff, I was relating the whole story about Holly, they were as intrigued about the whole story as we all were.

I also was glad to help, for whilst on my two week, 200 mile cruise of the system, my eyes were peeled for anything remotely looking like Holly. I looked at a lot of boats, and I was not too far away from her either!

Best of luck Trish and I'm really glad you have her back.

Nipper

Post 'em Starry, post 'em. Wanna see, wanna see!!!! :):):) (if ok with Jon of course)

It is nice to know she is home. Thanks.

I've just popped on here to find out about the lovely narrow boat Holly and an update on her return up north.

Tell me, have the canals been infected with a substitute for PMT as some of the posts here now are slightly mmm bitchy. The light and friendly atmosphere of a forum working together to help find holly seems to be weighed down by gossip and speculation without the humour needed. Maybe its the hormone fairy mixed with lovely weather hahahahaha

Starry

We would appreciate you keeping the photo's that you have taken to yourself for the time being. I can understand the interest, however, we still have a court case running, and we do not know what is on your pictures.

Middlewich Narrowboats have already assured and will reassure that any information/pictures/updates will be given when we are 100% certain that it will not affect our court case.

Many Thanks

Trish

As I took down the poster for the Alvechurch staff, I was relating the whole story about Holly, they were as intrigued about the whole story as we all were.

Nipper

Many years ago when Adam was a lad, Alvechurch had one of their own boats pinched. This was a pre planned and well organised escapade. The boat was found some time later when it was taken to a boatyard for some repairs. The mechanic spotted a hull number welded in a "secret" place out of sight and contacted Alvechurch who reclaimed the boat and "did" the villains.

In this case too, several changes were made to the boat, it was (I think) only luck that it had not been subsequently bought by some innocent party.

Tony :)

Starry

We would appreciate you keeping the photo's that you have taken to yourself for the time being. I can understand the interest, however, we still have a court case running, and we do not know what is on your pictures.

Middlewich Narrowboats have already assured and will reassure that any information/pictures/updates will be given when we are 100% certain that it will not affect our court case.

Many Thanks

Trish

okay Trish, will do. I did PM them to Malc earlier though. Hope that's not a problem

okay Trish, will do. I did PM them to Malc earlier though. Hope that's not a problem

No it wont be, the sub judice only rules published information, a PM is not published...

Due to my earlier involvement I much appreciated the Private Message with pics of Holly from Starry. In his PM Starry's expressed his concern that the pics should not be published without consent and I certainly would not break the confidentiality of his PM by posting them on this or any other Forum.

Let's have a bit of fun and lighten the tone a little...

The Tv/film needs a name so how about ' Banbury Or Bust!'?

And a cast...

Character..................TV.....................U.S. Film

Holly............................Holly.......................QE 2

Trish...................Susan Hampshire...........Helen Hunt

Jon/narrator......Richard Hammond.........Paul Teutle Snr.

Wayward Boater...Richard O'brien...........David Spade

Arresting officers....Cast of Hot Fuzz.......Hill St. Blues

Spurious Boaters..St. Trinians 6th Form...Cast of Baywatch

Screen adaption by Jilly Cooper. (Purely for gratuitus bodice ripping...)

(Only want Hot Fuzz if they can recreate the 'Battle of Somerfield'!)

Anyone else any Ideas/suggestions?

If I've offended anyone or overstepped the mark, moderator - please delete this post.

Have fun,

Rob.

Edited by Hair Bear Bunch