Missing boat - Holly - NOW FOUND!

Pie Eater

Featured Posts

]IMPORTANT NEWS!!!!!!!!!

HOLLY HAS BEEN FOUND ACTUALLY BEING REPAINTED

JON WILL FILL YOU IN WITH MORE NEWS

He better had, and soon.

I'm glad you posted that now, I was just looking where Willington was, to go off for a drive and check it out!

I don't mind having a look round Willington area. I'm not far away (10 mins drive). Will get the bike in the car and have a ride down. Do we know or can we find out which way the boat was facing when seen on Wednesday (i.e towards Burton or Shardlow) ????

Forget that then. Just seen Holly has been found. Guess I'll have to watch Derby County on the telly. Mrs Bigmac says I could do with the ride anyway (can be so hurtful). Come on - stop leaving us in suspense !!!!

HOLLY HAS BEEN FOUND!

Thanks to 2 independant phone calls this afternoon to Middlewich Boats, Nb Holly has been located at Pigeon Lock, Kirtlington on the Oxford Canal (between Banbury & Oxford). Her identity has been confirmed by staff from Middlewich Boats and at last update were waiting for the Police to arrive to continue the investigation further. When found, a male was seen to be repainting her black. I can not confirm at this time who the male is, and it would not be appropriate for anyone to comment further, pending the outcome of the Police investigation.

Trish and the team at Middlewich Narrowboats would like to thank everyone for their help. They have been very grateful for all of the phone calls from people, and the messages of support. A happy outcome all around!

Jon

Whether or not the guy may have mental health problems? Nice!

Yes.

There is a worrying trend these days to excuse just about anything people do, on the grounds that they have mental health problems.

It has become an "I can do whatever I like" charter.

If this guy has some issues, but was fully aware of what he was doing, then punishment must follow. If he is so far gone as to be unaware of what he was doing, then public protection requires his detention until such time as he is no longer likely to do the same thing again.

Yes.

There is a worrying trend these days to excuse just about anything people do, on the grounds that they have mental health problems.

If this guy has some issues, but was fully aware of what he was doing, then punishment must follow. If he is so far gone as to be unaware of what he was doing, then public protection requires his detention until such time as he is no longer likely to do the same thing again.

Of course the non- hang 'em and flog 'em argument is that the majority of people in prison are suffering a mental illness and wouldn't be repeat offending if they got the HELP they needed. Another time for this debate though, I think.

Yes.

I don't know what I'm going to do with myself now! I guess washing, ironing, tidying etc.....

Trish will be thanking your herself on Monday, but she's gone for a well deserved weekend away!

Jon

The investigation is a police matter and it would not be prudent to speculate or comment at this stage, particulary in relation to mental state etc. We'll have to wait for the update when it comes.

Jon

I don't know what I'm going to do with myself now! I guess washing, ironing, tidying etc.....

Trish will be thanking your herself on Monday, but she's gone for a well deserved weekend away!

Jon

Fantastic news-was on Holly just before she went on a walk about and apart from us flooding the toilet and her listing as a result she is a stunning craft :lol:

Right, now that's interesting.

I cycled from the Rock of Gibraltar to Banbury today. Didn't see Holly, but spoke to a lot of boaters and asked them to look out for her.

I punctured in Banbury, so stopped there and took the train back to Tackley station (the nearest to the Rock). On walking back down the towpath, past Pigeons Lock, I saw a boat that looked vaguely tug-style, and which I'd not noticed before. I spent about 30 seconds looking at it, noting the licence disc, then carried on.

I wasn't convinced it was Holly, because it had a cratch, and the blue pic didn't have one. But the fact the front windows had been painted over looked suspicious.

On checking the original (green) pic, I see Holly did indeed have a cratch.

So I'm presuming that's the same boat. If so - the licence disc is claiming it's a boat called S----- M---- (won't give any more details here).

Right, now that's interesting.

I cycled from the Rock of Gibraltar to Banbury today. Didn't see Holly, but spoke to a lot of boaters and asked them to look out for her.

I punctured in Banbury, so stopped there and took the train back to Tackley station (the nearest to the Rock). On walking back down the towpath, past Pigeons Lock, I saw a boat that looked vaguely tug-style, and which I'd not noticed before. I spent about 30 seconds looking at it, noting the licence disc, then carried on.

I wasn't convinced it was Holly, because it had a cratch, and the blue pic didn't have one. But the fact the front windows had been painted over looked suspicious.

On checking the original (green) pic, I see Holly did indeed have a cratch.

So I'm presuming that's the same boat. If so - the licence disc is claiming it's a boat called S----- M---- (won't give any more details here).

Life is going to be pretty dull now.

I've learned loads more about the network since Holly went missing. I have had to buy a Nicholsons Inland Waterways map to stick on the wall and a packet of post-it notes to plot her (possible) progress.

:lol:

Could we all club together, buy a hulk, give someone a weeks headstart and and a few gallons of paint & then we could play hunt the boat?

Ha hahahahaha S&M and being painted black and shiny......... :lol: mmm maybe the decorator had unusual taste in rubber. Bad taste I know but after what I read earlier about a club 18/30 boat being reduced to 10' and Holly changing to 90' and having racing stripes of 7mph.....I couldn't read the post for howling with laughter

Jo