Newbie cc missing natter and laughs

Ronalan

Featured Posts

After frenetic months of activity, renting house, packing, sorting boat to cc, we've done it! We've been travelling 2 months now and loving it. However now winter is closing in we don't meet anyone when we moor up for a while and feeling bit isolated. Lots of friends have visited but they go home of course! Any ideas on how to meet up with other boaters for natters and laughs? Any other women feeling the same? We're going up The Grand Union, curently near Watford.

You are very brave starting you C C when you did on the way into Autumn. Some of the best pubs are just off the canal sometimes, you have to search them out with the help of the guide book sometimes. I see you like motorcycles, did you manage to fit one on the boat?

Ian.

After frenetic months of activity, renting house, packing, sorting boat to cc, we've done it! We've been travelling 2 months now and loving it. However now winter is closing in we don't meet anyone when we moor up for a while and feeling bit isolated. Lots of friends have visited but they go home of course! Any ideas on how to meet up with other boaters for natters and laughs? Any other women feeling the same? We're going up The Grand Union, curently near Watford.

That end of the grand union can be a bit lonely.

Once you get to apsley and north, it gets better.

Hi Ian. Yes both my partner and I are keen bikers. He's adapted an engine crane to put a Fazer 1000 in the bow. Has caused lots of gongloozer questions!

Rona

Jenlyn..we're moving up to Apsley this week 'cos water is getting low! Must look out for pubs I think!

Hi Ian. Yes both my partner and I are keen bikers. He's adapted an engine crane to put a Fazer 1000 in the bow. Has caused lots of gongloozer questions!

Rona

Jenlyn..we're moving up to Apsley this week 'cos water is getting low! Must look out for pubs I think!

See ya there.

We didnt intend to start this time of year but the 3 year old boat, which we bought in May, needed a lot of tlc before we could move aboard! I lived on narrowboats as a child until I was 5 then later on for 3 more years, but it's different when on residential moorings.We're lovin the freedom though.

We didnt intend to start this time of year but the 3 year old boat, which we bought in May, needed a lot of tlc before we could move aboard! I lived on narrowboats as a child until I was 5 then later on for 3 more years, but it's different when on residential moorings.We're lovin the freedom though.

You will be fine once out of bandit country.

I spent a few years single handing and did a blog online. Through the blog I met my present wife who also does the blog. I and now. my wife have made many many friends be they other boaters or just people interested in the lifestyle.

Banters and pubs are good placed as well.

For ladies Facebook has a page/ club but you need to be introduced by a member. Evidence of membership is a teapot on the roof. Perhaps that could be your first step to making a friend by asking the next boat you see with a teapot on the roof about the club.

Blog link is below.

• 2 weeks later...

Careful of the Nene... Can get strong stream in a matter of hours, and lock landings are small and often very near wiers.. Beautiful tho. Often floods from Billing downwards. Get numbers of local EA folk who are very good.

Edited by FidoDido

• 2 weeks later...

Hi les and Jaq

A brilliant blog!!

Enjoying reading through the ups and many downs.

There's seems to be a few of us not so buff and heathy

Saying that seeing all those logs that you've cut up, your fit!!

Keep bright,and happy together.

Enjoyable reading

Col and sharon

Edited by bigcol

You could start with a CWDF sticker in the window. I would certainly say hello to any boater I walked past who displayed one.

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha ..........

Daniel said that he is working on them and there should be some available in a few months

Any news yet??? unsure.png

HELLO !!! unsure.png Is anyone there? rolleyes.gif

Yes, a queue.

In the short term, print and laminate your own:

16356297455_e2935e5e6c_z.jpgxstickermu6

16356297455_e2935e5e6c_z.jpgxstickermu6

I've done one for each side. captain.gif

• 2 weeks later...