BCNS Burger Van stolen at Smethwick

Odana

Featured Posts

Seems someone made off with the BCNS burger van last night up at Smethwick, where it was all set to make the Society lots of money at the Fireworks event today. Gits. That van is a key asset for the Society

I THINK Dave Dent is trying to sort out an alternative (I'm not about now) but if there's anyone local who knows a friendly burger van which could help out, you may want to contact one of the BCNS crew up here.

OK folks. Anyone know anyone with a burger van to sell? So much for the small surplus cash reserve announced at the AGM last night...

Think it'd be OK to start a crowdfund for the 3k or so? People seem to do that for lots of other things....

Edited by Odana

It's not on Ebay or Gumtree as yet... I wonder if it was nicked to order or for something specific, because surely any but the stupidest thief would know that people would be looking on sites like that.

But they do Starry!

I got my Dahon bike back after it was nicked in my old Marina.

I felt gutted and as i was cruising down the cut to the pub, i wondered if it was put on Ebay.

So after i moored up i logged on to ebay and there it was!

Dialed 111 or whatever it was then and a nice lady police woman gave it back to me the next day!

Magic!

I hope this van is found soon!

Nipper

Edited by nipper

This is how you create a crowdfunding campaign

https://www.indiegogo.com/campaigns/new?gclid=COWzq9XN78gCFeoJwwodt1wMjg#/

There are other crowdfunders, Indiegogo is the one Sara uses for her music projects

The key is then promoting it so that people cough up. I guess your starting point would be here and facebook

I wish you all the best, canal campaigning is hard enough without this sort setback

PS: When the coal canal society's Allen Scythe was stolen we got several offers of replacements free of charge - get the word out, you never know...

Seems someone made off with the BCNS burger van last night up at Smethwick, where it was all set to make the Society lots of money at the Fireworks event today. Gits. That van is a key asset for the Society

I THINK Dave Dent is trying to sort out an alternative (I'm not about now) but if there's anyone local who knows a friendly burger van which could help out, you may want to contact one of the BCNS crew up here.

Still no mention of it on their Facebook page

Why would someone want to steal it? What would they do with it, unless they had a sudden desire to start selling hot snacks?

That's exactly what they will do with it. It will be parked on an industrial estate in Doncaster or somesuch outside Jewsons next week serving bacon butties. They get stolen fairly regularly.

EDIT if there are any more photos of it, manufacturer's details etc I will post them on TruckNet and ask truck drivers to keep an eye out for a newly operating snack van if the OP wants

Edited by Southern Star
  • Greenie 1

Some years ago we had a Landrover Ambulance stolen one Saturday night from the local St. John headquarters. Monday morning I contacted a local radio station to ask if they would mention it in case someone had seen it and they absolutely refused saying the request would need to come from the police. Bah humbug. So not to be beaten that quickly I rang another local station who took the bull by the horns, not only put out that it was missing but put it in the news headlines as well. Headlined at 8 and 9am, by 10am there had been a sighting and by lunchtime we had it back!

It's worth a try.

Edited by Hair Bear Bunch
  • Greenie 1