BCN Challenge 2016

RLWP

Featured Posts

Well finished work for the day so time to pack my kit bag and get ready to find the secret starting position of Team Vulpes tomorrow afternoon once I've spent a few hours on the M5 in the morning.

The CCT clubhouse bar may run out of beer but Vulpes isn't going to. All food and drink is now loaded on board ready.

JP

image_zps28wet5vb.jpeg

The CCT clubhouse bar may run out of beer but Vulpes isn't going to. All food and drink is now loaded on board ready.

JP

image_zps28wet5vb.jpeg

JP

image_zps28wet5vb.jpeg

JP

image_zps28wet5vb.jpeg

I see you have Saturday breakfast sorted then. On my first challenge I brewed a barrel. It was all gone by Saturday evening.

I don't know about beer supplies on Nuneaton and Brighton (or care, as I'm a non-drinker) but I've gone a bit mad making biscuits and cake; our crew will not be short of something to accompany afternoon tea. Unless we get stuck in traffic on the M25 tomorrow that is, always a possibility.

Colin Wilks is doing the positioning move; I'm not sure how easy it is to sneak along inconspicuously with a well known Northwich+Woolwich pair of coal boats, so our starting place may not remain very secret.

Been seeing all these posts popping up on my phone today and now having a good read and looking at the pictures.

Really excited about this years and looking forward to seeing a few old an new faces.

Sorting logistics' out for crew and heading up from Lady Lane to Brum city tomorrow where my youngest daughter will join me,

Now before I make a complete mare of it all and I know this has been asked before, am I able to boat the full 24 hours non stop and arrive at 8am Sunday morning, not trying to be a hardcore boater just the fact on a 20ft tub we are in, there is not much in the way of sleeping unless we are all very close family or just very close.

So my aim is to do 24 straight thru.

Is this ok, obviously safety will always be paramount when boating in the dark but just trying to get a feel for how others view this, oh and maybe beat Clarrie to the bar.

HAvent seen any Banks' or Bathams in the liquid refreshments on display, hopefully someone will be partaking of the local 'water' when doing the challenge. :)

There are two bottles of Holden's Golden in my collection. You can't get more Black Country than that.

I think it should score 5 bonus points for each bottle.

JP

There are two bottles of Holden's Golden in my collection. You can't get more Black Country than that.

I think it should score 5 bonus points for each bottle.

JP

10 points to Gryffindor.. sorry I mean Vulpes

Been seeing all these posts popping up on my phone today and now having a good read and looking at the pictures.

Really excited about this years and looking forward to seeing a few old an new faces.

Sorting logistics' out for crew and heading up from Lady Lane to Brum city tomorrow where my youngest daughter will join me,

Now before I make a complete mare of it all and I know this has been asked before, am I able to boat the full 24 hours non stop and arrive at 8am Sunday morning, not trying to be a hardcore boater just the fact on a 20ft tub we are in, there is not much in the way of sleeping unless we are all very close family or just very close.

So my aim is to do 24 straight thru.

Is this ok, obviously safety will always be paramount when boating in the dark but just trying to get a feel for how others view this, oh and maybe beat Clarrie to the bar.

Yes you can take your 6hr break at the end.

Turtle soup?

Ahh last years turtle was found by Chasewater and released after been told by CRT personnel they no longer took in turtles that were removed (even though they once asked for anyone seeing a turtle to do so)so he got released by star city, now not saying anything is wrong with that area but think we may end up with a case of mutant ninja turtles coming to real life soon .

Wonder if he would help with the locks?

Yes you can take your 6hr break at the end.

I believe best practice was set by a certain crew who shall remain nameless (but who may have representatives on this forum) who spent their 6-hour break in the pub, and took it in turns to sleep one by one during the 24 hours of boating...

I believe best practice was set by a certain crew who shall remain nameless (but who may have representatives on this forum) who spent their 6-hour break in the pub, and took it in turns to sleep one by one during the 24 hours of boating...

which is more restful than two by two...