BCN Challenge 2016

RLWP

Featured Posts

Forms are now available.

Who's in?

Saturday 28 May 2016 - Sunday 29 May 2016

BCNS 24 hour Marathon Challenge 2016

Start planning your routes now - start anywhere on the BCN that you wish, and finish at Hawne Basin at 14:00 on the Sunday.

The event is open to everyone with a boat licensed for use on British Waterways canals. Historic working boats and pairs are welcome.

A friendly competition, starting at 08:00 on 28 May, wherever on the BCNS you want to start, and finishing at 14:00 on 29 May at Hawne Basin with a compulsory 6 hours rest.

The winner is determined by a point system, with extra points for full length boats, buttes, small crews, cruising the lesser traveled parts of the BCN.

Links to the information, rules and the entry form will be added later.

Return to main site

Venue:Ends at Hawne Basin

Time:14:00

Phone:01922 428644

Email:bcnschallenge@gmail.com

Richard

Edited by RLWP

Oh, you clearly knew what you were supposed to be doing - and with great style too

Richard

sorry a bit off topic but who did well last year? is there a chart showing scores?

Somewhere near the end of this: http://www.canalworld.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=71479&hl=bcn+challenge+2015

Richard

If you dig around, you'll find threads for previous years too.

Fancy giving it a go? We are very competitive when we are not eating cake and giggling

Richard

unfortunatly i dont have a boat but i follow it each year then keep a good eye on the thread to see the pictures coming in on the day. maybe one day.

Nope, I'm wrong. The date and poster is available

Are you coming slumming it on the BCN again, Nick?

Richard

Just discussing it with Jeff, not sure yet but it's noted in the diary. Jeff is not in the mood to make a descision right now as he was 2 hrs late home from work due a patient nearly bleeding to death!

We are considering being radical and WALKING the Challenge this year - limbering up for a walking holiday a few weeks later, and just to do something different.

As the Challenge is an awareness-raising event as much as anything I've often thought it'd be good to get other user groups involved. Ramblers/Nordic walkers associations are an obvious one. Cyclists and canoeists - well, if they behave themselves! Different scoring systems obviously, but what does the team think about spreading the word?

If you can pick any point on the BCN to start at 8 am how is it verified that you started at that point at 8 am?

You can easily cheat if you want to. Why would you want to?

Richard

As in at start and end of each scoring segment. Or that's how it was 2 yrs ago.

Yes. You see, Nick, we both had the sneaky advantage of reading what we were supposed to do at the beginning, not the end

Richard

As in at start and end of each scoring segment. Or that's how it was 2 yrs ago.

I do know, I was being flippant as my recording over the past 2 years could be discribed as slapdash.

It's sorta one of the reasons I'm looking to crew this time round, I fancy being on a serious team and aim for a place this time round