Now up to £127K!

David Mack

Featured Posts

Where's the bit in the BSS site about ventilation calculations?

Richard

You don't seem to like us MR RPLW, we have to the front and behind doors special grills fit. These are coated with chrome which helps the air ventilation move faster. We also have white double thickness windows which can open when more oxygen is necessary.

You don't seem to like us MR RPLW, we have to the front and behind doors special grills fit. These are coated with chrome which helps the air ventilation move faster. We also have white double thickness windows which can open when more oxygen is necessary.

We have to roof panles brass ventilated also. And solid fuel stove?

Richard

Well......seeing as I have to drive through Tysely on my way home from work...........Reg number on the front is 41573

41573 isn't in the Canalplanner boat list, presumably because the boat is too new?

Richard

41573 isn't in the Canalplanner boat list, presumably because the boat is too new?

Richard

Still waiting for the CRT listings for this year... last year they only sent a partial list.

I must give them a nudge.....

I might be wrong but I thought all boat reg numbers were 6 digits?

Not old ones ... Mintball's is only 5 digits

Not many solar panels, and it seems to be bow heavy

It's pretty damned ugly.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder

One mans poison tis another's potion

The ugly duckling transforms into beautiful swan

However.....none of above applies

Still waiting for the CRT listings for this year... last year they only sent a partial list.

I must give them a nudge.....

Not old ones ... Mintball's is only 5 digits

I though that it was the case that reg numbers used to be 5 digits, but switched to 6 digits some time ago. If that is true how can a new boat have a 5 digit number? Was it a trade plate number perhaps?

I might be wrong but I thought all boat reg numbers were 6 digits?

Ours is 5 digits. Well done for taking the trouble to put us out of our misery.

What are the white window-looking things on the roof, in the middle?

At the back is the Polish flag, did you notice?

All in all quite bizarre. Perhaps someone will buy this and make a go of it? Otherwise... what will happen to it?

Does anyone know if it has a BSS certificate? Who examined it, and can you tell us if it's all up to spec?

I would not swop our little 40-footer for this luxury cruiser, though.

Edited by Emerald Fox

The window looking things are brass ventilators

Richard

I though that it was the case that reg numbers used to be 5 digits, but switched to 6 digits some time ago. If that is true how can a new boat have a 5 digit number? Was it a trade plate number perhaps?

I believe trade plates are red and white, so that should be easy to confirm

Richard

Well......seeing as I have to drive through Tysely on my way home from work...........Reg number on the front is 41573

There is a big air inlets just forward of the folisch flag, I guess it is for the electric motor

The window looking things are brass ventilators

Richard

I believe trade plates are red and white, so that should be easy to confirm

Richard

The reg plate is held onto the "dutch bow" with a couple of spring clips. I've zoomed in on it on the original photo (it got downsized when I uploaded it) and it looks like the first number may be missing? If anyone who is better with photo software than me, let me know and I'll email the original image smile.png

Ours is 5 digits. Well done for taking the trouble to put us out of our misery.

What are the white window-looking things on the roof, in the middle?

you mean on the side of the raised section? I think they're air vents.

For an solar powered boat there seems to be a distinct lack of heavy duty cable connectors (or any cables for that matter). Those solar panels look like they're a few mill thick and glued to the roof.

Those solar panels look like they're a few mill thick and glued to the roof.

Yes, they are those flexible ones that fit to the roof. Presumably wired up from below:

Sunware_marine_solar_panels_boat_pv.jpg

Richard

The reg plate is held onto the "dutch bow" with a couple of spring clips. I've zoomed in on it on the original photo (it got downsized when I uploaded it) and it looks like the first number may be missing? If anyone who is better with photo software than me, let me know and I'll email the original image smile.png

Adding a first number between 1 and 9 still doesn't produce a boat. Even so, I suspect the canalplanner list is out of date due to lack of new data

Richard

Yes, they are those flexible ones that fit to the roof. Presumably wired up from below:

Sunware_marine_solar_panels_boat_pv.jpg

Richard

Seems the max output of those is 70 Watts per panel. So that's 630 Watts from 9 panels if its those. Not a bad amount of power but enough to drive their stated electrical load?

Seems the max output of those is 70 Watts per panel. So that's 630 Watts from 9 panels if its those. Not a bad amount of power but enough to drive their stated electrical load?

We must have got something wrong, surely

Richard