Now up to £127K!

David Mack

Featured Posts

Can't see any drains for the well deck. So it could fill with water and spill over into the cabin under the cabin doors. Unless the natty door closers manage to seal the door.

Edited by mark99

Hokey Cokey .....

So we've got 45 ft of boat built with high quality steel;12mm bottom and front, and Sides of 10mm and 8 mm.

Do we know if they're selling tickets to watch what happens when the "U" profile they've used as a stem post gets stabbed into a lock gate going up?

If they're running a book at what angle the front will get ripped off I'll have a fiver on "deformed at 8 degrees" and a tenner on "completely ripped off 18 degrees"

One thought crosses my mind. In the past I have slipped whilst getting on the bow of our boat, in the wet, when tying the front line on the T stud. Being vertically challenged I am unable to reach the T stud from the bank.

I certainly wouldn't relish falling on that prow.

Looking again at the pictures I suppose one could tie the rope from the well deck.

Even so I feel it is an accident waiting to happen

Edited by Ray T

Its taken nigh on 200+ years to develop the shape of a narrow boat. Here we are (yet again) with someone breaking the mould and producing to my eyes a horrific design, imagine that going through (or re profiling as it goes) Gosty Hill tunnel.

The bows will be prone to hang up at almost any lock.

If the technology IS as stated wink.png they would have found it more acceptable on a conventional boat.

Interesting ventilation at the top of the doors..

It's to match all the pillboxes along the K&A ?

And thinking of legal issues, is a lady barrister without her briefs a 'solicitor' ??!!

They are not from their customers, those feedback are from people this seller has bought from. A search does not show any items that this seller has sold recently. Most of those sellers seem to sell the stuff that he has used to build the boat

So... that, er, means.... NO positive comments from customers!

Now I am fascinated. Clearly they have only put one very poor photo of the boat to stop jealous people copying the unique design

It is in Birmingham - we have loads of members in Birmingham - please can someone go and view it and take loads of photos so we can all see how all the full size everything fits into a boat this size?

I've asked twice where I can view this "boat" and they have refused to tell me where it is.

I still think it is somewhere in or around the Tyseley area.

I've asked twice where I can view this "boat" and they have refused to tell me where it is.

I still think it is somewhere in or around the Tyseley area.

I think the idea is you pay the money and it is 'dispatched' from Birmingham, ie. you get it in the Post. If it's too large for your letterbox you can pick it up at your local Sorting Office.

Seriously, though, does no-one really know where this boat is, has no-one been to visit it?

It's a bit rum trying to sell something when you don't want potential buyers to have a good look at what they're buying.

Will the magazine 'Canal Boat' be featuring this boat on its front page October edition? -then, everybody will want one!

I think the idea is you pay the money and it is 'dispatched' from Birmingham, ie. you get it in the Post. If it's too large for your letterbox you can pick it up at your local Sorting Office.

Seriously, though, does no-one really know where this boat is, has no-one been to visit it?

It's a bit rum trying to sell something when you don't want potential buyers to have a good look at what they're buying.

Will the magazine 'Canal Boat' be featuring this boat on its front page October edition? -then, everybody will want one!

I enquired about a boat a while back and this is the reply I got back from the seller -

Hello, the boat is in Nairn, Scotland with me, the best way to complete this transaction is to use PayPal&eBay. They will handle everything for both of us, including transportation and the transfer of the boat papers to your name. You don't have to pay anything extra, the total price that you must pay for this boat is £5,990, including delivery.
Here is how the transaction will go on:
-I will make a private eBay listing for you.
-You will have to click "buy it now", fill in the forms and follow the instructions.
-eBay will send you an invoice with all the transaction details and the payment instructions.
-You will have to secure the funds to PayPal&eBay.
-After the funds will be secured to PayPal&eBay, the delivery will begin and the boat will arrive to you in max. 48 hours.
-When the boat will be in your custody, you will have a 7 days inspection period. If everything is alright, the transaction ends and PayPal will release the money to me. If there is something wrong with the boat, you will be fully refunded and I'll get my boat back too, without any extra fees.
Everything is covered by PayPal&eBay. I will get paid only after you confirm that you received it. I would need your ebay
username so I can send you the link. I'm waiting for your reply.
Thank you.

Yes, some of us have heard about that Nairn in the part of Nigeria called Scotland.

Who keeps a narrowboat in their barn next to their house in Nairn?

Does the Nairn seller let people visit their boats?

Has anyone ever actually sent the cash and had a boat delivered to them in this manner?

It does smell like what they mean is:

"-After the funds will be secured to PayPal&eBay, that will be the last you see of them, and we will begin to proceed to Heathrow airport for a flight to our chosen holiday destination in max. 48 hours. So long, Sucker!"

Yes, some of us have heard about that Nairn in the part of Nigeria called Scotland.

Has anyone ever actually sent the cash and had a boat delivered to them in this manner?

"-After the funds will be secured to PayPal&eBay, that will be the last you see of them, and we will begin to proceed to Heathrow airport for a flight to our chosen holiday destination in max. 48 hours. So long, Sucker!"

I've just looked and the advert is still there

http://www.boatzone.co.uk/info.aspx?id=3862

There is also a page full of dodgy adverts

http://www.boatzone.co.uk/79/narrowboats-for-sale-narrow-boats-for-sale/items.aspx

Slight point of order, there used to be a Narrow boat that was in a Farmyard that you could see when driving on the A35 between Bere Regis and Poole in Dorset, also a small one was in the garden of a house in Morgan Porth in Cornwall. Both I used to see regularly and only moved in last 18 months to 2 years. To be fair both are close to the sea as Nairn is, though not close to the canal network!

The Paypal / Scotland (or IOW) delivery via trailer scam as been seen a few times, I wonder if anyone has fallen for it? BTW I am not suggesting that this 'Dutch Style Narrow boat" is a scam for a minute, however it is one FUGLY looking boat, even if the beauty is in the eye of the beholder.......

Well when out of a sense of mischief I emailed the seller about viewing one of the numerous narrowboats she has up there in Scotland "she" said it wouldn't be possible to view it as it was "now in ebay's warehouse in Scotland".

BTW I am not suggesting that this 'Dutch Style Narrow boat" is a scam for a minute

I don't think I did either. I did think the price was a bit high and actually offered 50p for it, only, sadly, for Ebay to inform me my offer had been rejected. Gutted.