What time...

Ricco1

Featured Posts

Should I knock on the boat next door and ask them to turn the music down?

Try living in a house when your neighbour does this.

Just move your boat, isn't that one of the stated advantages of living on one?

Try living in a house when your neighbour does this.

Just move your boat, isn't that one of the stated advantages of living on one?

No, I would ask them to turn it down and if they refused, call the police.

No, I would ask them to turn it down and if they refused, call the police.

You are joking right? Like the police would be interested in a minor noise nuisance on a canal boat.

Responsibility has long since passed to local authorities. I could walk you through the process if you like but trust me it's a lot easier to just move your boat.

You are joking right? Like the police would be interested in a minor noise nuisance on a canal boat.

Responsibility has long since passed to local authorities. I could walk you through the process if you like but trust me it's a lot easier to just move your boat.

No I didn't mean on my boat, I meant if it was something I had to suffer regularly, if I lived in a house.

No I didn't mean on my boat, I meant if it was something I had to suffer regularly, if I lived in a house.

Then what I said stands. It's not a police responsibility, it's a local authority one.

Google 'statutory noise nuisance'.

once when I lived in a development of 4 small blocks of flats someone in one of the other blocks was playing their music way too loud and was ignoring people using the entryphone or knocking on the door - so I got one of the keys to open the power cupboard and turned their power off.

once when I lived in a development of 4 small blocks of flats someone in one of the other blocks was playing their music way too loud and was ignoring people using the entryphone or knocking on the door - so I got one of the keys to open the power cupboard and turned their power off.

I like the cut of your jib. :)

That's a bassist comment...

Aye :) Music is engineered to be as perfect as it can but then eejits in their droves turn the sub woofer to full. Strange innit.

I knocked on, was met with clouds of strange smelling smoke and a rather startled looking boater. It's off now.

If people enjoy such loud music on their boat while moored between (or pretty close to) other boats, they should use headphones which will give them all they want, and leave their neigbours in peace.

The thing is I enjoy listening to my own favourite music, and it's most annoying if other music interfears, of course I could listen trough headphones too, but the volume of the music on my boat wouldn't be heard by (and so not bother) my neigbours.

For me it's almost the same as with (noisy) generators running after 8 pm. if possible don't do anything to upset your neigbours with your noise, or inform them why you have to do it.

Peter.

Sometimes particular music grates and the more you have to listen to it the more it grates and with me its rap...hate it...when the boys used to play it full volume I used to leave the house.

So if loud bass does that then I quite see why cannot stand it moment longer..choices are to ask to turn down or leave area.

I'd just tolerate it - its Friday night after all. I'd say 12:30-1am is reasonable on a Friday night.

you are joking, no?

I would feel like objecting at any time, but on the basis that fireworks, for example, are not allowed after 11pm except on 3 designated days, 11pm is certainly late enough.

Edited by Murflynn

you are joking, no?

I would feel like objecting at any time, but on the basis that fireworks, for example, are not allowed after 11pm except on 3 designated days, 11pm is certainly late enough.

No I'm not joking, people are allowed to enjoy themselves a little bit, its not all about rules rules rules.

Bass is exaggerated because most of the higher frequencies can't penetrate walls. Similarly that's why the 3 network isn't as effective indoors as the other lower frequency networks.

You're right about low frequency sound waves. With radio waves I think once you get anywhere near microwave frequencies the waves don't like anything in the way whatever the difference in frequency.

You have to go down to HF frequencies before the radio waves start to bend around things. Having a sad interest in amateur radio, the 40 meter band (7MHz) is pretty good at going over and around obstacles. As soon as you get up to 10 metres (28 MHz) the waves struggle.

Microwave is above 1 Ghz, it can penetrate things like your head if you have enough power.but terrible at going around things.

No I'm not joking, people are allowed to enjoy themselves a little bit, its not all about rules rules rules.

You're right, it's all about consideration, consideration, consideration.

• Greenie 1

If it was night after night then I do something

But the occasional night, Friday night I be happy with it

Either join in, do something different,enjoy it

Be happy that next door are equally happy, get to know them

Life's too short, it really is.

I wouldn't go to authorities, you be surprised, say hi and smile you never know could gain a mate!

Col