Naughty-Cal's Fenland Foray

Featured Posts

Not sure what it is with us, banks and going on holiday.

I've just had to cancel my bank card as I have managed to drop it somewhere today.

Luckily this year we have Liams with us.

bad luck. do say hello as you go past Washingborough!

Have a good one!

The Ferry Boat at Hollywell is well worth a look, cracking mooring and not a bad pub :)

Excellent pub considering its a chain pub. Best food is Sunday lunch 2 for 1 after 5pm not to mention the cheap deals for those of us over 60.

Have they dredged the downstream end of the moorings?

Excellent pub considering its a chain pub. Best food is Sunday lunch 2 for 1 after 5pm not to mention the cheap deals for those of us over 60.

Have they dredged the downstream end of the moorings?

We got in OK, but as we are a semi displacement hull we seldom struggle unlike you lot with yer flat bottomed bathtub construction :)

There was a fuss by the parish council over the cost of maintaining the bank edge, its largely been resolved with the help of GOBA - the pub probably wasn't keen on loosing their passing boat trade either!

NC, if you can't get in outside the pub on the village mooring there is a very good stretch of GOBA moorings just downstream and within easy walking distance of the pub.

We made it just in time for last orders at Dog Dyke last night. Fortunately some friends were in there to get us a drink in when we were around the corner.

We didn't have a bad run. The locks were in our favour and the weed didn't cause us too many problems.

DSC_0012_1.jpg

DSC_0014.jpg

DSC_0017.jpg

We made it just in time for last orders at Dog Dyke last night. Fortunately some friends were in there to get us a drink in when we were around the corner.

We didn't have a bad run. The locks were in our favour and the weed didn't cause us too many problems.

And here you are at Washingborough ...

post-13477-0-14169800-1436126406_thumb.jpg

Well reading and looking at your pics it make me want to go out now and do more to `Jolly Wolly`, cant wait for next year.

Mite just take a cruise down there, looks awsome. Pics are great.

Envious, me? Just a bit!

Not a bad run in a day is it?

Well worth doing the 100' not the most inspiring stretch of water but I think it has its own charm.

You have certainly dropped well on the weather :)

Enjoy St Ives, there's plenty if good pubs and shops.

It has been a day of hit and miss sunshine and showers today which for us has unfortunately meant getting a bit wet at times as Naughty-Cal is a couple of inches too tall to get under the lock bridges!

DSC_0133.jpg

DSC_0144.jpg

DSC_0154_1.jpg

DSC_0157.jpg

DSC_0160_1.jpg

DSC_0165_2.jpg

DSC_0170.jpg

DSC_0176.jpg

Huntingdon is our destination for tonight and then tomorrow we are heading back downstream towards St Ives.

The Jolly butcher has a small mooring just above Houghton Lock

Both pubs at the Hemingfords are well woth a look, its a popular place to moor but plenty of choice with EA and GOBA moorings.

The A14 can be intrusive at Huntingdon, the Hotel has plenty of space but is right by the A14, better to get closer to Purvis Marine if you can

A bit quiter at Hartford Marine with a rebuilt 2 for 1 type pub,

Plenty of chocie to go at :)

Edited by gazza

Hi NC,

A few captions would be helpful, good pics.

L.

That is assuming I can remember where they are taken!

Godmanchester very pleasant, above lock in weir stream.

Now that we have wedged Naughty-Cal into this tight mooring, with some help from the Cambridgeshire Constabulary acting as temporary bow and stern thrusters in their ribs, I think we will stay put for today!

Not finding the road noise too obtrusive here.

The Jolly butcher has a small mooring just above Houghton Lock

Both pubs at the Hemingfords are well woth a look, its a popular place to moor but plenty of choice with EA and GOBA moorings.

The A14 can be intrusive at Huntingdon, the Hotel has plenty of space but is right by the A14, better to get closer to Purvis Marine if you can

A bit quiter at Hartford Marine with a rebuilt 2 for 1 type pub,

Plenty of chocie to go at :)

Wedged ourselves onto the park moorings.

Not a spot.

Now we are showered and fed and have had a quick beer we are heading off to explore.