Featured Posts

Good stuff!

Captions I'm going to have a stab at:-

Pics 1,& 2 St Ives the Waits,

Pics 3 & 4 Godmanchester lock.

Pic 5 upstream of Godmanchester lock.

Pic 6 approaching Hemingfords

Pic 7 looking back to the Hemingfords

Pic 8 your current location at Huntingdon?

I believe our morals must be all wrong!

The chap behind us who admitted as we pulled in to being here with his three boats, yes that's three, for three weeks on a 24 hour mooring, has been and asked us to move for his buddy.

Told him to piss right off.

Cheeky bastards

The chap behind us who admitted as we pulled in to being here with his three boats, yes that's three, for three weeks on a 24 hour mooring, has been and asked us to move for his buddy.

Cheeky bastards

Is it a Fairline?

A final few pictures from Huntingdon as we are due to head back downstream towards St Ives today. We don't think we can get through the lock yet it should still be shut, but we are going to have a look anyway.

DSC_0178.jpg

DSC_0180_1.jpg

DSC_0182_1.jpg

DSC_0186.jpg

DSC_0189.jpg

DSC_0192.jpg

DSC_0194.jpg

One of the three is.

I thought it may be, the others a Sancree...

3 pages on the GOBA forum up in arms, they have been taking the p!ss in Huntingdon since Easter :(

What did you think to Huntingdon? I always feel away from the river its a town without its horse :)

The train to London is way cheaper for us than on the Midland Mainline though :)

Cheeky bastards

They were moored at the small park above Hartford Church 4 weeks ago and moved up to Riverside Park just after we left. As said, they have been there for 3 weeks now as has the small cruiser called Assegai on the moorings just below the Bridge. Pity none of your photos show us moored by the Bridge as we were there until 11am. Now heading upstream.

Mr Bunbury of this parish was moored at the park on Monday.

Edited by pearley

Indeed Mr Bunbury was moored at Huntingdon when I helped you to squeeze in between me and that chap with his personal fleet. I didn't notice your boat name until I moved off.

Sorry didn't realise it was a forum member that helped us squeeze in!

Saw you yesterday on Town Quay as well while we were waiting for the lock to reopen.

We are now at Popes Corner deciding where to head today. We are meeting friends at Five Miles tomorrow night but undecided where to head today to save too much back tracking.

Very pleasant GOBA moorings at Waterbeach, just above Bottisham lock. I think GOBA members are currently allowed to use that, without a Cam Conservators licence - the position changes a bit from year to year. Easy to visit Cambridge by train if you want to...

Don't forget the Lodes..

Edited by Scholar Gypsy

We have made it back onto some wider deeper water again!

We are currently moored at the Swan on the River hiding from the sun but will head back onto the River Lark later in search of a good bbq spot.

DSC_0274.jpg

DSC_0280.jpg

DSC_0284.jpg

DSC_0287.jpg

DSC_0295.jpg

Lovely stretch of river, our old Elysian was built in Ely, the original Appleyard and Lincoln works is the small boathouse just on the bend by the Cutter - next to the restaurant on Annesdale.

Opposite where you were moored is The Babylon works - now the site of Cathedral Marine, I don't know if you noticed the bridge to it is called the Lincoln Bridge (after Harry Lincoln) and has the A&L flag/emblem on a plaque in the middle of the arch?

The old girl always seems to feel much happier on home waters - despite being a broadland boat for half her life :)

Edited by gazza

Not many places on the Lark for a plank to the bank, VMs at Tom's Hole plus just opposite are some GOBA moorings, bit further is Prickwillow with VM's on both sides of the bridge. Oh and Friday night is a good music night at the Ship at the Little Ouse mouth.

We're at Denver at the moment.

Phil

Not many places on the Lark for a plank to the bank, VMs at Tom's Hole plus just opposite are some GOBA moorings, bit further is Prickwillow with VM's on both sides of the bridge. Oh and Friday night is a good music night at the Ship at the Little Ouse mouth.

We're at Denver at the moment.

Phil

Agreed, Toms Hole your best bet on the Lark for a BBQ :cheers:

Went down the Lark as far as Prickwillow. All of the visitors moorings were busy, I might add with inconsiderately moored boats so we came back out and are moored at, according to the sign The Diamond 44 moorings.

Went down the Lark as far as Prickwillow. All of the visitors moorings were busy, I might add with inconsiderately moored boats so we came back out and are moored at, according to the sign The Diamond 44 moorings.

Yeah, that's what they're like in these parts, I often squeezed in and been told " oh sorry I didn't see you" (we're 60ft FFS) the idea of budging up is alien to many.

Phil