Mooring Inconsistencies

b0atman

Featured Posts

I am moored on a stretch between a lock and some private moorings .

The lock bollards section has 48 hours restriction

from the private section going past the pub towards the lock has 72 hours restriction.

The section in between has room for 5 boats although one would be under a railway bridge this is 14 days .

One wonders how this has come about reading how CRT has messed about with other areas this section suits everyone.

Edited by b0atman

Scratching my head here.....

"Lock bollards section" - is this the lock landing? If so, its not a short term mooring, its for use (waiting) for the lock. Do you mean "next to the lock landing"?

"Private" section - also is not a short term mooring area, its a private area. Do you mean "next to the private mooring"?

The bit "under a railway bridge" - do you moor in bridgeholes? I don't, but if the canal were its full width its a valid short term mooring position, albeit somewhat undesirable!

Lock bollards 3 for lock then about 9 for mooring with signage .

Edited the private section bit .

The canal is about 40ft+ wide and the bridge is high with a large arch .

So as I said a perfect mooring situation that fits all .

Posts have arrows on clearly signifying restricted areas.

It was a pub with no beer last night should be Doombar on tonight.

Bridge no good for painting too high .

I am moored next to bridge strange effect when train goes over it sounds like something going past on towpath.

The mooring set up seems to work ok though so maybe lessons could be learnt.

It was a pub with no beer last night should be Doombar on tonight.

Bridge no good for painting too high .

I am moored next to bridge strange effect when train goes over it sounds like something going past on towpath.

The mooring set up seems to work ok though so maybe lessons could be learnt.

Ah Doombar. The Cornish beer brewed in Burton-upon-Trent, apparently!

(According to a news item on the radio on Friday anyway.)

They had a Marstons pedigree Blonde beer on I got the last 3/4 of a pint very nice .

Rock brewery shop is still open or was in October so sign posts said.

But is Doom bar being brewed at B o T or bulk deliveries just being bottled. Batemans used to do that for Guiness .

Ok Athy cast aspersions on Doom Bar whats your Norfolk recommendation ?

I think nowadays if they can brew a comparable beer and bottle on site they will - its cheaper than tankering what is effectively expensive water and less prone to spoilage. Some purists say you can't replicate brewing in different parts of the country because of different water characteristics, micro flora in the brewery etc but many multi site breweries do. Marston's Pedigree is one i know that that is only brewed in Burton I'm not sure if they tried in the W&D breweries when they took Marston's over. Is Guinness made in more than one location- that would be my guess for another

Oh and to answer the question doombar is brewed in Burton

"Burtonising" brewing liquor is nothing new - most breweries in soft water areas have been doing it for decades. Basically, it means adding gypsum to harden the water.

And Doom Bar is OK, but nothing special in my book. I've supped it in Cornwall when it was decidedly less than perfect.

But then I do have a Manchester palate.

But is Doom bar being brewed at B o T or bulk deliveries just being bottled. Batemans used to do that for Guiness .

Ok Athy cast aspersions on Doom Bar whats your Norfolk recommendation ?

Woodfords followed by just over the boarder Adnams